Has anyone EVER lit up Kawhi Leonard?

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LeBron did it in with the highest stakes possible.

LeBron 37-12-5 on Kawhi (12-23 shooting, 5-10 from three) with a title on the line and Kawhi having minimal offensive responsibilities.

c6579e2948c19abf1b92dcef0ace4f90.gif

0:00 - LeBron gets an off-ball screen, Kawhi slow coming around it and LeBron has an easy layup
0:09 - Kawhi gets back on transition, LeBron takes the ball straight at him and Euro-steps right by, gets hit hard by Danny Green at the same time, makes the and-1
0:27 - LeBron hits a 3 in Danny Green's face while Kawhi on Ray Allen for some reason
0:58 - LeBron hits a corner 3 in Kawhi's face
1:10 - LeBron makes a tip-in with TP on him, Kawhi on Chalmers for some reason
1:15 - LeBron makes an open corner 3 when Kawhi gets lost after a loose ball and goes to the wrong man
1:20 - LeBron quick-passes it over Kawhi's head for a Wade dunk on a 2-on-1, another blown coverage by Kawhi
1:46 - LeBron hits a 3 in Kawhi's face after he tricks Kawhi by bluffing on a Ray Allen screen
2:10 - LeBron smashes another 3 in Kawhi's face
2:24 - LeBron hits a long 2 from straight-on after Kawhi backpeddled and dove under a screen that LeBron wasn't anywhere near yet
2:40 - LeBron gets by Kawhi on the drive forcing a triple-team and then kicks to Battier for the 3
2:55 - LeBron hits the long 2 on Duncan while Kawhi is on Bosh
3:05 - LeBron hits another long 2 on Duncan while Kawhi is on Bosh
3:10 - LeBron takes the ball right at Kawhi on the fast break, eurosteps by Kawhi drawing the double-team and then kicks to Battier for another 3
3:25 - LeBron with 28 seconds left and up 2, Chalmers shows screen but then goes off, TP jumps to LeBron while Kawhi comes up late, LeBron nails the jumper over both for the 4-point lead and basically the game.

LeBron also drew two shooting fouls on Kawhi and made his free throws, only turned the ball over twice all game and neither on Kawhi.

LBJ arguably had the best Game 7 in NBA history and with Kawhi on him the whole time. There's no arguing that.

The series where the spurs intentionally let bron shoot from the perimeter? :mjgrin:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Kawhi wasn't guarding as a defender as a primary in none of those series. He's locked up kd in possessions plenty of times, even had a game saving steal to win the series

Hey bruh, game 5 of 2016, series tied 2-2, road game in SAS, when KD shot like shyt but Russ carried OKC to the upset victory...

Why the hell did KD shoot so bad?

Russ pretty much bailed them out, and Spurs were pretty much defeated before game 6.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
To the OP's question... everything in the NBA is pick n roll and screening to force switches. Doesn't matter who the primary defender is.

So unless you look at individual play, it's hard to gauge the individual impact by numbers alone.

i.e. Kawhi started on Tatum and Harden last 2 games, but both guys forced the switch in a half court damn near everytime.

It was surprising seeing Harden do that bc he typically wants the 1on1 smoke. Tatum wanted Lou Will and Shamet everytime. And he ate.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The series where the spurs intentionally let bron shoot from the perimeter? :mjgrin:
And lost? :umad:

The fact that Kawhi had to play off of him rather than playing him straight up and STILL couldn't guard him and lost the series is a bigger L, dumbass. :mjlol:

On plays where LeBron took it right at Kawhi he had two layups, two shooting fouls, and two nice assists (not counting the open layup LeBron hit when he lost Kawhi on an off-ball screen). Then he hit 4 threes with Kawhi on him (part of his 5-10 for the game) as well as 2 long twos including the one that sealed the game with 28 seconds left.

LeBron scored on Kawhi 11 different times in the game on the way to 37 efficient points, the win, and the ring. That is LIT UP.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The coli makes a point to constantly show that 1)They dont watch as much basketball as they claim 2)They barely understand what they see when they do watch it

I cant even believe this is a serious fukking post by the OP.

Pippen was the guy in the 90's or one of them

And I remember mashburn and Jim Jackson running 50 point trains on him

I watched the games

you Cannot stop a great player you can slow him down

just the last clippers Vs lakers

KL was checking danny green ....in the last mins

It happens

that cyborg thing is cool but its not always gonna happen

Now that he have to do more than play defense he wont have the energy to do both and grab rebounds

it takes alot out of you

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps

I watched the games

It happens

Now that he have to do more than play defense he wont have the energy to do both and grab rebounds

it takes alot out of you

I aint wasting time reading through all the posts in this thread

These dudes dont watch no fukking basketball seriously.......

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The coli makes a point to constantly show that 1)They dont watch as much basketball as they claim 2)They barely understand what they see when they do watch it

I cant even believe this is a serious fukking post by the OP.

I think thats why lots of them love 90's BB so damn much it was one on one damn near

Now you have to really make plans and set up for the score or defensive sets

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
1st and 4th quarter Kawhi was guarding KD, getting caught on screens, getting dropped off, looking lost.

For a lockdown defender I shouldn't have to hear "oh he wasn't even guarding so and so primarily" because you're supposed to be a lockdown defender he should have been guarding the best player on the other team anyway. No excuses.

Y'all really about to act like KD didn't get off on Kawhi :francis:

According to some of y'all nikkas (not calling you out in particular) KD never got off on anybody, might as well erase his career with some of the discredit he gets. :russ:

My FIRST post in this thread said it's KD who gets his vs Kawhi :dahell:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

I watched the games

It happens

it takes alot out of you

Yep and HOW you make them get theirs cause you arent stopping them. Gotta make em EARN their points and disrupt their rhythm