Has anyone EVER lit up Kawhi Leonard?

Harleminthe80s

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I remember watching the finals everybody was like why isn’t Leonard guarding Curry. Then I see him hit a couple of shots getting anything he wanted and was like oh :merchant: I see why

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
i wonder which defender, any era, really could give KD any trouble, breh is a 7 footer with a jumpshot like butter and a variety of moves :wow:

i'd say maybe Scottie Pippen (7'2 wingspan, 6'9 height) but even thats a stretch

He beat him in the playoffs often but Tony Allen played better defense on KD than any other player in his career.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kawhi found out, as every great 2 way player finds out when they become THEE #1 option offensively, that your defense suffers once you're counted on to produce more offensively.

We all said that was gonna happen after the 2016 season. He hasn't been the same defender night in and night out since then

Bingo when your only role is to defend you can do that all game hit a couple of shots and your good

But when you have to be the focal point and be the best defender

And low key his defensive win shares are not too great

If you notice PG13 takes alot of the shots then they have lou Williams

The more you have to do in a game the less effective your gonna be at the end of games and end of the season

Mike didn't have to grab 13+ rebounds along with his lockdown defense and scoring

Magic didnt have to score 30 with his running the offense

KG played intense defense but was not scoring 30-40 points

Something have to give

Last edited:

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He beat him in the playoffs often but Tony Allen played better defense on KD than any other player in his career.

Because that's all tony Allen was there for

Harden is always hitting the front of the rim during the playoffs around game 6 and 7

His legs are done

Daps
Lebron had more to do he was running the offense and the leading rebounder

And the leading scorer

If a fukking role player leads his team 3 games straight in scoring at the efficiency he had it’s a fukking failure on their best player, who was at the time a prime 2 way player, and the coaching staff

One game can happen but adjustments are made to keep guys like that in check. It happened 3 straight games

No excuses

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If a fukking role player leads his team 3 games straight in scoring at the efficiency he had it’s a fukking failure on their best player, who was at the time a prime 2 way player, and the coaching staff

One game can happen but adjustments are made to keep guys like that in check. It happened 3 straight games

No excuses

You got it breh