Hate it or Love it: Coli Edition

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I didn't used to like jazz.
I didn't like spicy food till my 20's (but I think this is most people).

Seedz

Hate White People
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@BrothaZay

My first introduction to him was a thread where he had a picture of his "bulge" no homo doe, in the OP.

So I started off disliking him for subjecting me to that without warning. However, every subsequent
thread of his made me laugh so he's cool in my book now.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mind explaining the Cyclops one? I'm an X-Men fan.
:ehh:

Silver age cyclops was great, he was a mini jerkish professor X. You had to respect his mind or:ufdup: Then 90's cyclops came along and he got kinda emoish until after the whole apoc/cyclop bonding thing then they started writing him kind of more edgy and it fit the character and his growth. Then grant morrison came along and really solidified cyclops as a character if you ask me. A leader with feelings, power and people he had to constantly keep in check. Cyclops is one of the few characters that you can actually see growth in. From a student to an altruistic leader that was whiling to do anything to make sure his people survived and were protected..

:whew:

Seedz

Hate White People
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Silver age cyclops was great, he was a mini jerkish professor X. You had to respect his mind or:ufdup: Then 90's cyclops came along and he got kinda emoish until after the whole apoc/cyclop bonding thing then they started writing him kind of more edgy and it fit the character and his growth. Then grant morrison came along and really solidified cyclops as a character if you ask me. A leader with feelings, power and people he had to constantly keep in check. Cyclops is one of the few characters that you can actually see growth in. From a student to an altruistic leader that was whiling to do anything to make sure his people survived and were protected..

Thanks for the explanation. I definitely have to agree though I'm only just starting the Grant Morrison run. I can see the growth beginning already.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/my-q...-to-present-time.102943/page-21#post-18657987

I started reading X-Men from the beginning years ago and recording it as I go along. Check it out if you're interested.

+rep for the comic knowledge.

Seedz

Hate White People
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How'd you feel about him psychically cheating on Jean with Emma though?

:ohhh:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for the explanation. I definitely have to agree though I'm only just starting the Grant Morrison run. I can see the growth beginning already.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/my-q...-to-present-time.102943/page-21#post-18657987

I started reading X-Men from the beginning years ago and recording it as I go along. Check it out if you're interested.

+rep for the comic knowledge.

Dope, I'll check that out

How'd you feel about him psychically cheating on Jean with Emma though?

:ohhh:

I've always been kind of torn on this, in one way it makes perfect sense with everything that had been going on and you know "human's being human" and making mistakes. On the other hand Jean and Scott had a next level type of relationship. When its to the point where you can let someone occupy your head and you have no secerts, thoughts or anything to hide and can communicate and express yourself and feelings on levels that beyond human...

:patrice:

Him laying down with Emma "mentality" was kind ehhhhh... Imo it was worst than if it would have been physically. As psychically is just as real as the real thing (Think dreams even wet ones:ahh:) and that was something that was a special bond he had only experienced with jean (intimacy wise).

it was a nice curve ball, and quite truthfully I can't even imagine the x-books staying as relevant as they where without emma since then. It was a great move.

Her character has touched and influenced so many characters since then.