Have you ever/would you ever sell everything and move to another country/state?

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Recently, I have been seriously considering selling all my possessions and moving to another island.
I've lived in Trinidad basically all of my life, and honestly I'm fed up of this place.

I applied for my US Visa but was denied because "there was no reason for me to return" and apparently the US embassy isn't granting visas to candidates that seemingly won't return to Trinidad. Basically the only way to get a US Visa is to have an American fiance.

I found a job in Grenada, and it seems like the perfect place. The currency is E.C. so I'll be making more money when converted to TT. It's MUCH safer than Trinidad and I'll be able to surf, go to the beach, and do the activities that I enjoy. I really could use a change of scenery.

I'm just scared to actually pack up and move on my own, have any of you done this? Any advice?

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Recently, I have been seriously considering selling all my possessions and moving to another island.
I've lived in Trinidad basically all of my life, and honestly I'm fed up of this place.

I applied for my US Visa but was denied because "there was no reason for me to return" and apparently the US embassy isn't granting visas to candidates that seemingly won't return to Trinidad. Basically the only way to get a US Visa is to have an American fiance.

I found a job in Grenada, and it seems like the perfect place. The currency is E.C. so I'll be making more money when converted to TT. It's MUCH safer than Trinidad and I'll be able to surf, go to the beach, and do the activities that I enjoy. I really could use a change of scenery.

I'm just scared to actually pack up and move on my own, have any of you done this? Any advice?
What dat mouf do :shaq:

Groanman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
THREE-OH-FIVE TILL I DIE
Look, make sure you thoroughly research the place you want to land.
Other than that, all I can say is to stay safe and props to you for migrating in the first place. :salute:

On another note, I think it's a real shame that most Black americans don't have a damn passport. :francis:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps

Did you take your job letter to the interview?

Did you own a house/land in Trinidad?

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
at first i thought it was weird to do that

but why keep all your shyt unless its sentimental and not move?

if there was some place out the country i wanted to move to right now, and i would be getting paid and its safer, im doing it. i might visit first to see if my soul feels comfortable there, but i'd do it.

shyt im tryna move now but waiting until i got a job locked

if you feel it calling you girl, do it! dont regret. no woulda shoulda couldas. and if its a mistake, its a learning experience

more money, safer, surfing :blessed:

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yep i did, dont live in the us though live in europe moved to another country when i was 19 didn't know anyone by myself for work. if you have nothing to loose or have nothing holding you back do it

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps

You're an attractive female. Just hit up any dating/social networking site and an American will scoop you up in no time lol.

Hell maybe even one of these coli nikkas :lolbron:

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
I did it and moved to Cost Rica, it wasnt all that hard just a lot of planning before hand and a little transition period to get readjusted

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
i've thought about it. My friends and family are the only thing holding me back. i just can't imagine life without seeing my friends everyday.

if you don't have anything stopping you then just do it.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Very hard to get a VISA unless you can have family sponsor you or a fiancee but I'd try applying for school then a job or something. Then eventually from a work permit you can get a green card then citizenship. But if you're applying for VISA its only temporary so they will deny you if you say you won't return because its not a green card. Try a DV lottery maybe. :ld:

I lived in Latin America for two years. It was hard to adjust.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
10 years ago most likely, but I'm far too professionally grounded here to pick up and move.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I'm currently flirting with the idea of having dual citizenship and moving to Ghana.