Have you ever/would you ever sell everything and move to another country/state?

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm in love with someone in another state but it would never work :to:

Why not! :mjcry: Though, I'm a silly hopeless romantic, so I believe if it's LOVE, then you'll figure out a way to make it work :usure:

Did you take your job letter to the interview?

Did you own a house/land in Trinidad?

I don't own a house or land. There's just tons of stipulations with the US embassy.

You're an attractive female. Just hit up any dating/social networking site and an American will scoop you up in no time lol.

Hell maybe even one of these coli nikkas :lolbron:

The other night I was broke and had a can of peas and carrots. I was asked on dates, and considered, do I go on a date for free food? Or do I eat my can of peas and carrots and not use someone. I ate the peas. Thus, I'm doubting I could feign an ENTIRE relationship just for a visa lol.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Very hard to get a VISA unless you can have family sponsor you or a fiancee but I'd try applying for school then a job or something. Then eventually from a work permit you can get a green card then citizenship. But if you're applying for VISA its only temporary so they will deny you if you say you won't return because its not a green card. Try a DV lottery maybe. :ld:

I lived in Latin America for two years. It was hard to adjust.

I'm in my last year of law school, so there's no schooling beyond this that I can apply for/afford. Comparative law papers are the most I know on US legislation, I'm not sure how I'd transition from an LEC in the Commonwealth Caribbean to the US. Might have to look into that. Thanks. What's a DV lottery! I'll try anything.

How was L.A.? Do you speak Spanish? Was the language barrier hard if not? How was the cost of living? I was considering L.A.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
The other night I was broke and had a can of peas and carrots. I was asked on dates, and considered, do I go on a date for free food? Or do I eat my can of peas and carrots and not use someone. I ate the peas. Thus, I'm doubting I could feign an ENTIRE relationship just for a visa lol.

Who says you gotta pretend tho? I mean, you and a guy may genuinely hit it off in an online long distance relationship and if you drop subtle hints, he may take the initiative and come for you. Happens a lot actually :sas2:

Plus a lot of guys want exotic, foreign women. What, you think these Coli nikkas were playing/lying with all the "I need a foreign wife" threads? :heh:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I'm in my last year of law school, so there's no schooling beyond this that I can apply for/afford. Comparative law papers are the most I know on US legislation, I'm not sure how I'd transition from an LEC in the Commonwealth Caribbean to the US. Might have to look into that. Thanks. What's a DV lottery! I'll try anything.

How was L.A.? Do you speak Spanish? Was the language barrier hard if not? How was the cost of living? I was considering L.A.
Try a Diversity VISA lottery, now they pick folks every two years.

It was a complete culture shock but I grew an affinity towards Afro Latinos, I was pretty much staying with host families teaching English. I don't speak any Spanish or Portugese but I can understand. My husband is Afro Cuban and I can understand most of what he says. He is also fluent in Portugese and I'm trying to learn with my kids lol.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Recently, I have been seriously considering selling all my possessions and moving to another island.
I've lived in Trinidad basically all of my life, and honestly I'm fed up of this place.

I applied for my US Visa but was denied because "there was no reason for me to return" and apparently the US embassy isn't granting visas to candidates that seemingly won't return to Trinidad. Basically the only way to get a US Visa is to have an American fiance.

I found a job in Grenada, and it seems like the perfect place. The currency is E.C. so I'll be making more money when converted to TT. It's MUCH safer than Trinidad and I'll be able to surf, go to the beach, and do the activities that I enjoy. I really could use a change of scenery.

I'm just scared to actually pack up and move on my own, have any of you done this? Any advice?

I'll save you. Lets go get married

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Recently, I have been seriously considering selling all my possessions and moving to another island.
I've lived in Trinidad basically all of my life, and honestly I'm fed up of this place.

I applied for my US Visa but was denied because "there was no reason for me to return" and apparently the US embassy isn't granting visas to candidates that seemingly won't return to Trinidad. Basically the only way to get a US Visa is to have an American fiance.

I found a job in Grenada, and it seems like the perfect place. The currency is E.C. so I'll be making more money when converted to TT. It's MUCH safer than Trinidad and I'll be able to surf, go to the beach, and do the activities that I enjoy. I really could use a change of scenery.

I'm just scared to actually pack up and move on my own, have any of you done this? Any advice?
Marry me i'll hook you up with US green-card :myman:

But seriously the last couple of years ive been seriously thinking of moving to either Costa-Rica, Haiti, UK, or France. In that order.
Edit: Hold up before we get married can you make good roti? The one trini chick i ever dated couldnt make any trini dishes. Had to revoke her trini card.

Last edited: