Have your parents ever made you proud?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I woke up today and looked at my wall. My gf was sleeping so I couldn't stand as close as I wanted to, but with eagle eye, I took a close look at a framed piece my father wrote for the People's Voice news paper many years ago. It was called Black America will survive.

He wrote it in the wake of the Atlanta child murders. I'll take a picture and post it when I get in. I looked at it and was filled with a sense of pride at his words and the conviction in which he wrote them.

RIP RAM DA GAWD my pops.

Anyone else's parent make them feel proud?
latest

Last edited:

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoDollyđź–¤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Not as great as yours but in school my mum travelled to ATL and brought back a cream and gold babyphat jacket with the fur hood. I got it before they blew up over here so I was flexing on bytches.

Il always love her for assisting the finesse

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Not as great as yours but in school my mum travelled to ATL and brought back a cream and gold babyphat jacket with the fur hood. I got it before they blew up over here so I was flexing on bytches.

Il always love her for assisting the finesse
Aren't you in UK? Musta been a long trip Salute to mom dukes.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll never stop being proud of my parents.
Raising 6 kids in a foreign land, sending them all to the best private schools and colleges.

If I cant appreciate that, my whole perspective is wack :huhldup:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
My mom was a real one. Even as a kid I knew she was working harder than anyone I'd ever met. Pulling double shifts while fighting undiagnosed cancer for who knows how long. I'm not even all that religious, but when she passed I kept her bible because she wrote so much in it. She was just..... damn. As I get older, I find myself constantly wishing I had her around more not just because I miss her - because goddamn I do every day - but because you simply need people like that in your life for the wisdom and intuitiveness.

My dad.... I'm old enough now to say that he was a better man than he was a father. He taught me a lot, but I can't say he raised me if that makes any sense. Not the best person he could be, but the best person he knew how to be - and considering the environment he came from that's no small feat. Still, after years of bullshyt, at the tail end of his life he's proof you can turn the corner and see more than yourself.

I'm lucky both of my parents chose to write their thoughts down a lot. When parents talk to you, you only get the opportunity to hear what they say at that moment and from your perspective. Understanding the full context and seeing the full picture really spells things out though.

They did good :mjcry:

turbochef

Pro
Daps
If you would have asked me this yrs ago i would've said yes. Now that i finally see what type of people my parents are fukk no :hhh:

:mjcry: still love em though

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
Yeah. Mom's walked out on an abusive muthafukka on some Angela Bassett shyt.
:wow:

Then she let me down by marrying him a couple years later.
I don't have my hopes high no more.
:yeshrug:

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Yeah when my dad got his bachelors degree two years ago after being in school part time on and off for 10 years. In his past life he was on drugs, in the streets and broke so it meant alot to see how far he came. His ceremony was the day before mine.