Having NBA and NHL playoff games on cable is terrible.

Jcotton1

All Star
Daps
So you got into hockey because your dad was from Canada? Where are you from? Is there really  that many black Canadians supporting hockey, because it seems aint a ton of Black Canadians in the NHL...

Wherever you from or live at stateside, how would you compare the black following of hockey in those places to Canada?

I've recently, as in this year, taken an interest in hockey. I live in Raleigh and Canes fever enveloped me. I catch all their games and try to learn the sport little by little, but ultimately I've learned I actually enjoy watching it, it's exciting...

Sidenote. I did go to a minor league hockey game in Elmira NY back in '11 or '12 and it was fun, but it didn't captivate my interest enough to start watching the sport!

Naw breh My Pops is from Detroit. I can literally be in Canada depending on how things are flowing at the border in 20 mins. I can be in Toronto in like 3 hrs maybe 4 driving but plane wise maybe 2 and a half or 3. I was raised on the East coast.

Canada has mad foreign brehs rocking with hockey. For me my folks kept a home in Michigan so I'm blessed to know the ownership families of my pro hockey/ baseball and NFL teams personally. My unk via marriage started his own security firm based on working for the family who owns the hockey team.

My folks have pics of me in my peewee hockey gear. I also played different sports water polo, golf, tennis, futbol and basketball. Also it's cold but it's peaceful skating on ice on the lake.

Having done it a lot I have a good feel for safe ice and dangerous thin ice we have today. Hockey is like anything. If brehs came up playing dominos or being taught Bachata or Sala it's just like washing your face in the morning or brushing ya teeth.

State side if more brehs were brought up playing pee wee hockey I think we would see more of US. A good friend who sold my neighbor his house played for the farm team for the Wings. Breh was mad noice on the skates and has a fione French Canadian wife by his side. It's paper and opportunity out here.

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
LOL at a prime-time Game 7 being on ESPN, no excuse for it to not be on ABC. Regular shows all had their season finales, can't possibly be anything better ratings-wise than a game 7 on prime-time.
Let some posters tell it that’s totally normal and pointing out that oddity is broke boy shyt.

Last edited: