HBO 12/2 The Last Round: Miguel Cotto vs Sadam Ali (WBO 154 title)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg

A superstar enters the ring for the final time when HBO Sports presents WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING: MIGUEL COTTO VS. SADAM ALI AND REY VARGAS VS. OSCAR NEGRETE on SATURDAY, DEC. 2 at 10:00 p.m. (live ET/tape-delayed PT) from Madison Square Garden in New York City, exclusively on HBO. The HBO Sports team will call the action, which will be available in HDTV, closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired and presented in Spanish on HBO Latino.

The fights will also be available on HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO On Demand and affiliate portals.

Fighting for the 24th time on HBO, ring legend and certain Hall of Famer Miguel Cotto (41-5, 33 KOs), from Caguas, Puerto Rico, will take on one last challenger in a 12-round junior middleweight championship showdown before hanging up his gloves after 17 years. The 37-year-old has fought nine times at the Garden before a combined crowd of 140,000 fans, registering an 8-1 record. A four-division, six-time world champion, Cotto has held titles in the super lightweight, welterweight, junior middleweight and middleweight divisions.

Brooklyn-born Sadam Ali (25-1, 14 KOs), 29, looks to spoil Cotto’s retirement celebration and take his 154-pound title. Starting to box at age eight, he’s a two-time New York Golden Gloves winner (2006, 2007) and represented the U.S. in the 2008 Olympic Games before turning pro, going on to win his first 22 fights. Following his only ring loss, in 2016, Ali is on three-bout win streak; defeating Cotto would establish him as a central player in the talented junior middleweight division.

Undercard

vargas-negrete%20(5).jpg

The opening bout is a battle of undefeated boxers, as Rey Vargas (30-0, 22 KOs) from Mexico City takes on Oscar Negrete (17-0, 7 KOs), originally of Tierra Alta, Colombia, in a scheduled 12-round super bantamweight contest. Vargas, 26, who will defend his title for the second time, was last seen on HBO in August with a dominant victory over Ronny Rios. Negrete, 30, who turned pro in 2013, has been on a fast track to a title shot and will be moving up in weight to take on Vargas.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
miguel cotto's career really was one i didint appreciate because my floyd stanning was so prominent during the mid 2000's i only saw him as a threat to my stanning. I bet against him twice, once against Judah, again against Mosely. After the Margarito fiasco though...i sympathized with him.

i ordered that fight, and frankly i ddiint get how Margarito took those shots, he threw EVERYTHING at him and Margarito didint go down, and Cottos face looked awful after that fight.His punch resistance looked dismal after that.

His fight with Ricardo Torres is one of the greatest fights i have ever seen, he got off that Canvas and finished him off. His fight with Krasniqi (sp) left my own ribs hurt.

the Manny fight he genuinely didnt look like the same miguel, changing trainers and the 145 shyt was bull, he looked like he was transitioning into something else and only went downhill from there.

dudes like cotto who destroy body are always gonna be appreciated.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
miguel cotto's career really was one i didint appreciate because my floyd stanning was so prominent during the mid 2000's i only saw him as a threat to my stanning. I bet against him twice, once against Judah, again against Mosely. After the Margarito fiasco though...i sympathized with him.

i ordered that fight, and frankly i ddiint get how Margarito took those shots, he threw EVERYTHING at him and Margarito didint go down, and Cottos face looked awful after that fight.His punch resistance looked dismal after that.

His fight with Ricardo Torres is one of the greatest fights i have ever seen, he got off that Canvas and finished him off. His fight with Krasniqi (sp) left my own ribs hurt.

the Manny fight he genuinely didnt look like the same miguel, changing trainers and the 145 shyt was bull, he looked like he was transitioning into something else and only went downhill from there.

dudes like cotto who destroy body are always gonna be appreciated.

im the opposite...after cotto beat sergio for the middleweight title i just wanted him off my TV with the super diva moves he was making :camby:

with that being said, 3 fights

vs malignaggi was one of the satisfying beatdowns i ever watched..paulie was getting too flighty for my liking and got lumped up :myman:
vs torres - cotto got lit up like a motherfukker in this fight...hell of a life and death war..i suspect though is torres had actual time to train normally instead of being a replacement opponent it would have been a different result
vs margarito 1 - my first major gambling victory..thank you cotto for taking those knees and getting stopped in a round i bet on :mjgrin:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
im the opposite...after cotto beat sergio for the middleweight title i just wanted him off my TV with the super diva moves he was making :camby:

with that being said, 3 fights

vs malignaggi was one of the satisfying beatdowns i ever watched..paulie was getting too flighty for my liking and got lumped up :myman:
vs torres - cotto got lit up like a motherfukker in this fight...hell of a life and death war..i suspect though is torres had actual time to train normally instead of being a replacement opponent it would have been a different result
vs margarito 1 - my first major gambling victory..thank you cotto for taking those knees and getting stopped in a round i bet on :mjgrin:

Pauly was talking big shyt on that fight, "ima keep talkin shyt until he takes my title" Cotto broke his fukking jaw. that shyt was on some wack ass top rank ppv but i definately downloaded it when i had a membership at worldboxingvideoarchive.

but damn man, cotto was apart of a great era of lightweight and middleweight. spending so much time on boxingscene really clouded alot of judgement when it came to fighters for me.

but that mexico vs puerto rico shyt in mid 2008 was hilarious. when cotto lost to margarito dudes were on some I JUST BROKE UP WITH MY GIRL I CANT POST.

Margarito even though he cheated, served up alot of puerto rican ether that day.