HELP! Coli History heads...Is this meme historically accurate?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Somewhat accurate. Which goes back to my argument when these clone the other day about white "hispanics" but I'll elaborate later when I have time

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:

So then what is the proper term?

The term Hispanic (Spanish: hispano or hispánico) broadly refers to the people, nations, and cultures that have a historical link to Spain. It commonly applies to countries once owned by the Spanish Empire in the Americas

Latino (/læˈtinoʊ/ or /ləˈtinoʊ/)[1] is a term often used in the United States to refer to people with cultural ties to Latin America,

It seems they want to be called indigenous.

They following the train all the way back to the station it seems.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

:mjlol:

I live in NYC. My mother is Honduran. None of us got the memo on this "Indigenous" stuff u talking about and neither have any of the PRs, Dominicans and other Hispanics that I encounter in my daily travels.

Where did u get that from? Social media or reality?

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps

I live in NYC. My mother is Honduran. None of us got the memo on this "Indigenous" stuff u talking about and neither have any of the PRs, Dominicans and other Hispanics that I encounter in my daily travels.

I'm going to have to most likely order some books and start reading because its messy and the twitter lady may be right. I don't know enough to say she wrong so I gotta get to reading.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1914–1983

She's a clown.
DPWmcBQX0AArgh1.jpg
In this meme those "Original people of Latin descent" are Black slaves in Puerto Rico, the picture was taken in the 1870's. I don't know what she's trying to say by "Original people of Latin descent" but these people are not Native Americans or from a "latin based European country".

Last edited:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Lol...

And yes people from South America with the exception of Belize are Latino...

You can't be of Latin descent...without the influence from Spain and Portugal...

People from Latin America aren't Spanish...however...that's just some nikka shyt because a nikka speak Spanish...therefore they Spanish...

People from Latin America...can be White, Black, Asian, Middle Eastern, Mulatto, Mestizo, Indigenous...all types of shyt...

The ones that we typically see in the USA are White, Mestizo, Indigenous, Black and Mulatto...

And Indigenous people are Asian settlers from thousands of years ago...

Keep it short...

Latino does not mean Hispanic

Latinos can be Hispanic

Latin people aren't Indigenous to Latin America

Indigenous people are settler from Asia that populated South America...

Latinos aren't Indigenous, but have trace elements of the DNA and culture...

When the Spanish and Portuguese colonized South America...it became Latin America

Last edited:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps

Indigenous people are still living in South America...and they are actually Indigenous, with Indigenous customs and shyt...

How you gonna look like a European, or a mutt, speak Spanish or Portuguese, do Latino shyt and be like..."I am Indigenous..."

Motherfukkers need to stay in their lane and let the actual Indigenous people be damn Indigenous...:stopitslime:

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps
Indigenous people are still living in South America...and they are actually Indigenous, with Indigenous customs and shyt...

How you gonna look like a European, or a mutt, speak Spanish or Portuguese, do Latino shyt and be like..."I am Indigenous..."

Motherfukkers need to stay in their lane and let the actual Indigenous people be damn Indigenous...:stopitslime:
Thissss am I supposed to claim that i am ”hispanic” (BULLshyt MADE UP TERMINOLOGY BTW) when im mostly NATIVE??? FOH

Im proud of my ancestry and other latin-americans who are of indigenous descent should be too

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From a European perspective:

Latin (no 'o') peoples are those influenced by the Roman Empire (think Italy, Spain, France primarily).

Spanish people are citizens of Spain.

Hispanic/Latino seem like very broad words that mean you (a) speak Spanish/Portuguese and (b) your people originally come from Latin Europe.

Obviously indigenous people don't fall under this definition.