help me design a diet (cutting)

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
newbie request

I would appreciate anyone whos willing to help. if this post is unrelated I can delete.

Can someone help me design a 180g protein, 2000 calorie / day diet? I'm cutting down to 180ish lb (from 200 lb)

I dont mind repetitive eating. Bonus points for helping me with a good macro count.

Willing to get / spend on anything, not looking for overly complicated recipes, can eat simple things like chicken breasts and egg whites.

I've got whey protein of course, a scoop is 20g and 130 cal.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I don't know about full on keto but I have had success with "almost keto"

Turn the protein up to 250-300g, turn the carbs down to ~150g, fill in the rest with fat

If you eat breakfast I would probably start the diet by cutting that out. That's usually good for like 500 kcal of nothing for most people

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
just got done reading about keto and 5% carb intake sounds crazy to me. some sites are suggesting 25g net carb :wtf: i can't imagine that.

I don't know about full on keto but I have had success with "almost keto"

Turn the protein up to 250-300g, turn the carbs down to ~150g, fill in the rest with fat

If you eat breakfast I would probably start the diet by cutting that out. That's usually good for like 500 kcal of nothing for most people

i think this is more reasonable. I might just give this a try but lower the protein and increase the fat:jbhmm:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
its as simple as

IIFYM Calculator - The Worlds Most Accurate Macro Calculator

to calculate your cals

and use myfitness pal app to track them.

first time calorie counting and ive lost 20 lbs and lost no strength as well ( a first for me).

I was 198 at the begining of march and now im about 178 ish. still lifting the same amount, and more on certain lifts.

Daps
Listen breh,just train your ass off and eat as clean as you can.

I'm going on a cut starting next Monday gonna go from 215 to whatever I drop down to

Gonna eat basically this for 8 weeks:

Oatmeal
Rice Cakes
Eggs
Protein Shakes
Yogurts
Tilapia/baked chicken
Broccoli/Green Beans
A gallon of water a day
And weekends I'm going to eat whatever I want.

But make sure that training is intense

MWinn

Pro
Daps
Cut the protein down to 80g. I know some fitness websites say eat the equivalent to your body weight, but in reality a male only needs around 56g per day. Anything over that can quickly turn into kidney stones. I would suggest you do 80g protein per day with exercise and 2000 calorie no animal fat diet.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
That's similar to my diet 1880 calories a day. I eat 180g of protein(around there, sometimes less) 40g of fat, and 200g of carbs.

Breakfast
  • Meal 1​
80g of Oatmeal(Or replace 40g with flavored instant oatmeal packet)
3 Servings of Egg Whites
1 Egg mixed in
+
2 Scoops of Protein
Calories:705 Protein:70

• Meal 2 (Sandwich)
2 Slices of Bread
4 Slices of Turkey or Ham
1 Slice of Cheese
+
2 Scoops Protein

Calories: 670 Protein:70

• Meal 3
1 Serving of plain Non fat Greek Yogurt(227 grams)-You can use vanilla but it's less protein, more carbs, and more calories
200g of Strawberries(Mash up the strawberries then mix with the yogurt-add sweetener to it if it's too bitter)
(You can also do the yogurt with 32g of peanut butter and 100 grams of banana but that's different calories)
(You can also add a pack of instant oatmeal for extra carbs[energy] to either recipe, will add 130 calories.)
2 Servings of egg whites
+
2 Scoops of protein

Calories: 494 Protein: 70

Lunch
Meal 1

• 300g of Chicken Breast(weigh it raw then cook it.)
  • 300g of Broccoli
  • 165g of Apple
Calories:518 Protein:80

Meal 2
  • 2 Cans of Tuna
  • 1 Serving of NF Plain Greek Yogurt
  • Bag of Coleslaw mix
  • 70g Avocado
Add mustard, and and any other low calorie sauces you like.
Calories: About 600 Protein:69

Meal 3
  • 2 Servings of Jenni O lean turkey burger patties
  • 100g White Rice
  • 200g Steamed broccoli(can switch the vegetables; calories shouldn't be much more.)
Calories: About 558 Protein:50

Dinner

Meal 1
  • Steak(Kinda hard to give you a brand. I go to walmart and buy prepackage sirloin fillets. So many different cuts of steak it's hard for me to track the calories/macros. Let me know what kind you get and we can figure it out.)
  • 200g of Sweet Potato(weigh first then either cut it up or stab it all over with a fork. Put in microwave for 7 min covered.)
  • 100g fruit(I'm counting strawberries.)
  • 1 Scoop of Protein Powder
Calories:565 Protein:54

Meal 2
  • 2 Servings of extra small shrimp (170g)
  • 200g white or brown rice
  • 100g fruit(I'm counting a banana)
Calories: 530 Protein:42

Meal 3
  • 300 grams of chicken breast(weigh then cook)
  • 200g white or brown rice
  • 200g fruit(I'm counting a green apple)
Calories: 694 Protein: 75

Usually your calories will range from 1500-2000. Add up what meals you ate and if it's under 2000 have a snack of whatever you want to make up the difference to 2000. Protein will range from 160-225. From what I've read you only need about .08 gram to 1 gram per pound of weight so you should be fine. You don't have to eat any of this stuff it's just something I put together quick. The other macros don't really matter.

You could come up with a better meal plan if you just track what you eat and see what you like. I don't follow a plan just eat however I feel like that day. But to start it wouldn't hurt to stick to something just to give you a feel of how you should eat. Buy a food scale, doesn't matter what you end up doing. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. @hood b. goode

Also if your doing 2000 calories a day, I'd suggest 40 min 3 times a week of cardio to help speed things up.