Help With Building A PC

Catz

Rookie
Daps
I'm interested in building my own PC and I'm in need of help with where to even begin.

I'm in this pattern where I read an article about how to build a PC and then down in the comments everyone bashes what the article is saying. Because of that I'm a little confused as to where I should even begin. I will primarily use the PC for gaming and streaming videos but I know it can get pricey. So my question is: For those that have built their own PC, were there any videos, articles or books that helped you? Also, would it be possible to build a quality PC for about $600?

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
I'm interested in building my own PC and I'm in need of help with where to even begin.

I'm in this pattern where I read an article about how to build a PC and then down in the comments everyone bashes what the article is saying. Because of that I'm a little confused as to where I should even begin. I will primarily use the PC for gaming and streaming videos but I know it can get pricey. So my question is: For those that have built their own PC, were there any videos, articles or books that helped you? Also, would it be possible to build a quality PC for about $600?

Due to the current cryptocurrency craze, hell no. Right now prices for GPUs and ram are skyhigh because of it, so at the moment you're better off copping a prebuilt if you're looking to save money. As far as actual building tho, I watched this video when I built my first PC, it was very helpful:

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Define quality...$600 is not possible if you want an enjoyable or competitive experience.

Catz

Rookie
Daps
Due to the current cryptocurrency craze, hell no. Right now prices for GPUs and ram are skyhigh because of it, so at the moment you're better off copping a prebuilt if you're looking to save money. As far as actual building tho, I watched this video when I built my first PC, it was very helpful:

Oh no :( Do you think the cryptocurrency craze will down die soon making the prices more reasonable?

You're response was very helpful, thank you.

Romell

Superstar
Daps

Catz

Rookie
Daps
Define quality...$600 is not possible if you want an enjoyable or competitive experience.

Um, I just want my games and videos to stop lagging. Is that asking for too much when building a PC?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

Catz

Rookie
Daps
If you want to get deep come to this thread: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-...ustom-desktops-pre-builds-and-more.149/unread

If you go on youtube and search $600 PC you should find plenty of good builds

But as @Ill-Mind has said, due to crypto $600 doesn't go as long as it did 1 year or even 6 months ago so you may be better off searching for a pre-built.

Ah, this is great, thank you! I asked @Ill-Mind as well, but do you think the cryto craze will die down soon?

Catz

Rookie
Daps
$600 right now is rough. If you want to build you are going to have to focus the build around the Ryzen 2200G with the integrated GT 1030 equivalent gpu onboard.

I would probably go with this as it still leaves you with an upgrade path:
Open Box: ABS Prime-1200 Gaming Desktop Ryzen 3 1200 (3.10 GHz) 8 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Windows 10 Home 64-Bit ALA067 - Newegg.com

Anything outside of the intel 8th gen or Ryzen I probably would not bother

Ok, great. Thank you for the info.

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
Oh no :( Do you think the cryptocurrency craze will down die soon making the prices more reasonable?

You're response was very helpful, thank you.
Unfortunately, not anytime soon. AMD are supposedly planning on making some GPUs dedicated to mining, so we'll have to see how that plays out.

Catz

Rookie
Daps
Unfortunately, not anytime soon. AMD are supposedly planning on making some GPUs dedicated to mining, so we'll have to see how that plays out.

Ok, I see.

I don't mean to sound like such a newb but to me cryptocurrency seems just like a very convoluted game with very little tangible payoff.

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Um, I just want my games and videos to stop lagging. Is that asking for too much when building a PC?
Just know 60 fps and high graphics may be out of your reach with modern titles. It all depends on your expectations and the titles you're trying to play. Most will run still just wont be at a high benchmark. This isn't even taking into account the operating system and monitor which could cost you another 200+ bucks

Catz

Rookie
Daps
Just know 60 fps and high graphics may be out of your reach with modern titles. It all depends on your expectations and the titles you're trying to play. Most will run still just wont be at a high benchmark. This isn't even taking into account the operating system and monitor which could cost you another 200+ bucks

Oh man, alright. I'm getting really discouraged, I guess because of the market I should just buy a gaming PC and call it a day.