Help with cheat days

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
What at Popeyes do you want?
Fried Breaded Chicken?
You could have fried chicken breast at home breaded with Almond or Coconut flour instead.
Biscuits?
You can have a low carb tortilla or make some oopsie bread (cloud bread) out of eggs, some baking soda, zero calorie sweetener, and a bit of vanilla extract.
It all depends your goals, and particular diet.
It may not be a one to one comparison every time but I'm sure there are healthier alternatives to unhealthy cheat meals way more often times than not.
Just stop

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Probably the notion that you have to find an alternative to a food you enjoy as long as you keep it in relative moderation.
I agree with that.
I'm not implying that you can't have whatever you want in moderation.
The idea of a cheat meal has to be defined by each person individually.
Some people have the idea that they can do no exercise, eat salad everyday of the week and then turn around on Saturday and grab the triple stack at wendys like it's nothin.
OP asked for help with cheat days and I mentioned finding alternatives to those cravings.
Which one alternative is exactly what you mentioned. Moderation.
But OP is asking if you can have one cheat meal or cheat the whole day, so he might actually have a problem with doing things in moderation to begin with, which is why I mentioned finding healthier alternatives.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I agree with that.
I'm not implying that you can't have whatever you want in moderation.
The idea of a cheat meal has to be defined by each person individually.
Some people have the idea that they can do no exercise, eat salad everyday of the week and then turn around on Saturday and grab the triple stack at wendys like it's nothin.
OP asked for help with cheat days and I mentioned finding alternatives to those cravings.
Which one alternative is exactly what you mentioned. Moderation.
But OP is asking if you can have one cheat meal or cheat the whole day, so he might actually have a problem with doing things in moderation to begin with, which is why I mentioned finding healthier alternatives.
100% agree

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just one cheat meal for me each Sunday. I eat fairly "clean" for breakfast and lunch and then go all out for dinner. Track my macros through it all too with MFP. Have little to no carbs the majority of the day until it's dinner time. If I have a whole cheat weekend, I might never come back from the dark side again :mjlol:
How do you track your macros with MFP?

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
How do you track your macros with MFP?

You can either let them (MyFitnessPal) set your calorie intake for you which effectively sets your macros (Protein, Carbs, Fat) as well. Or, you can manually set your own calories AND change your macros by percentages (or the numbers if you pay) and commence with entering in your food. I believe its in the diary settings. They ha e one if the most extensive diaries there is for eating out, grocery stores, and creating your own recipes to figure out the macros of something you cook on your own.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What at Popeyes do you want?
Fried Breaded Chicken?
You could have fried chicken breast at home breaded with Almond or Coconut flour instead.
Biscuits?
You can have a low carb tortilla or make some oopsie bread (cloud bread) out of eggs, some baking soda, zero calorie sweetener, and a bit of vanilla extract.
It all depends your goals, and particular diet.
It may not be a one to one comparison every time but I'm sure there are healthier alternatives to unhealthy cheat meals way more often times than not.
this shyt is not a biscuit :mjlol: (look...i cook, i've made the "alt/light" versions of stuff when necessary, and it doesn't stack up to the real. in fact, for a lot of folks, doing that ends up with them consuming more calories than they would've had they just eaten the original...down a "mug cake" and sit there unsatisfied so they go get the real cupcake...now they've set themselves back further than just having a cupcake in the first place)

the vast majority of people have (a) fat ass food(s) they like and they want it prepared the fatass way, no need to try to make it what it's not if you're only indulging in it a couple times a month to a couple times a year. i'm not making my gumbo healthy the one time i year i make it, why the fukk am i going to engineer the shyt outta my cake when i want a real cake with real butter, sugar, eggs and flour...if you have no self control and need these types of foods multiple times a week, ok, you need to find the healthy alternative, but only on occasion?...get your satisfaction and go back to healthy eating the next meal/day.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
this shyt is not a biscuit :mjlol: (look...i cook, i've made the "alt/light" versions of stuff when necessary, and it doesn't stack up to the real. in fact, for a lot of folks, doing that ends up with them consuming more calories than they would've had they just eaten the original...down a "mug cake" and sit there unsatisfied so they go get the real cupcake...now they've set themselves back further than just having a cupcake in the first place)

the vast majority of people have (a) fat ass food(s) they like and they want it prepared the fatass way, no need to try to make it what it's not if you're only indulging in it a couple times a month to a couple times a year. i'm not making my gumbo healthy the one time i year i make it, why the fukk am i going to engineer the shyt outta my cake when i want a real cake with real butter, sugar, eggs and flour...if you have no self control and need these types of foods multiple times a week, ok, you need to find the healthy alternative, but only on occasion?...get your satisfaction and go back to healthy eating the next meal/day.
That's fine if you have the control.
OP didn't seem like he has the control since he was asking about cheating an entire day.
The advice/suggestion was for the OP. None of this advice is "one size fits all"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That's fine if you have the control.
OP didn't seem like he has the control since he was asking about cheating an entire day.
The advice/suggestion was for the OP. None of this advice is "one size fits all"
a lot of people do entire cheat days vs. just a meal, some people do 3 weeks clean and then have an entire cheat week (something you have to moderate a lot more than a day or meal). i don't think it represents a potential lack of control vs simply wanting to see what others do and what the outcome is. :manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
a lot of people do entire cheat days vs. just a meal, some people do 3 weeks clean and then have an entire cheat week (something you have to moderate a lot more than a day or meal). i don't think it represents a potential lack of control vs simply wanting to see what others do and what the outcome is. :manny:

Which was all my comment was.
One person's perspective based on what works(ed) for them. :yeshrug:
The problem with a lot of health advice thrown out there is that people tend to do so without enough information.
We really don't know OP's level of activity, or body type/condition.
We don't know his eating habits or self control.
You would have to know this info to be able to make a sound recommendation that isn't going to set the person back further. :yeshrug: