Henrietta Lacks (dont ever forget her name) black woman true life x-men from storm :

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps

Henrietta-David-Lacks-1945-631.jpg

the black woman is God, henrietta lacks was living proof. i think they bodied her and still her names obscure. i hate oprah for trying to be the face of all this black glory.

shout out brother polight :salute:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps

yeah bro i was spooked out i had to share it with my coli brothers and build. i added the long story and the short sound bites but the gist is :

she was a real lovely woman everyone spoke well of her and she went through some minor hardship but when she felt a lump thought to be cancerous she went to the hospital and they found out this woman is immortal. up till then no cells could last outside the body but this womans could and still does till this day :why: first ever person on the planet was a black woman now this Henriettas HeLa cells have cured more people and saved more tragedies than prayer speaking of which she said on her death bed "the pain of the devil is inside me" :bryan:

i am a religous guy and even more so afrocentric, this got me spooked all my hoteps been saying for the longest "the black woman is God". :salute:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Her family been trying to sue for decades now. They are owed billions.

yeah the loophole was at the time the government/medicals didnt need to sign consent for research. as the hospital she was in was free to black people they used them as research as payment also they said they didnt profit from it. (which i think is a lie).

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
this is crazy
did she get cancer because of the cells or because they were messing with her?
does everyone with cancer have these cells? no right?

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
This should have been a huge Hollywood film. This story is too big for a Oprah lifetime special type movie. Every black person should know the story of the immortal Henrietta Lacks, this woman is truly a queen
tenor.gif

beyonce should have played her over oprah infact. beyonce been in some legit good movies and can hold her stage presence.

Oprah wants everything, makes magazines with her on the front cover every issue lol, shes narcissistic. you are right the story would benefit a lot of people and Oprah cant take it to those levels almost seems like sabotage to me.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
beyonce should have played her over oprah infact. beyonce been in some legit good movies and can hold her stage presence.

Oprah wants everything, makes magazines with her on the front cover every issue lol, shes narcissistic. you are right the story would benefit a lot of people and Oprah cant take it to those levels almost seems like sabotage to me.
I agree even if Beyoncé brought out her usually haters in her role it would create a firestorm of interest in Mrs. Lacks and her Hela cells that would bring her rightfully to the forefront and educate so many

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
this is crazy
did she get cancer because of the cells or because they were messing with her?
does everyone with cancer have these cells? no right?

she never thought it was cancer until she went into the free-hospital and they checked her bump. she had just given birth couple weeks prior and the doctors were amazed that no one saw her tumor.

they took a sample and found out through trying to do the standard test of her cells, that her cells could last outside the body and revitalize themselves. since then they have been using her HeLa cells for all types of medicinal research and treatment. she helped advance science up until her it was impossible to do cell research because the cells died outside the body, not hers. (not everyone with cancer has these cells) im not a scientist though she was the first and pioneer of this HeLa cells.

the cancer killed her (if you believe they didnt do it) but yep its a phenomenal story.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
I agree even if Beyoncé brought out her usually haters in her role it would create a firestorm of interest in Mrs. Lacks and her Hela cells that would bring her rightfully to the forefront and educate so many

:salute::salute: it was brother polights old breakfast club interview with metta world peace that put me on. incredible.