Henrietta Lacks (dont ever forget her name) black woman true life x-men from storm :

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
Rep pending op

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Her family finally got a confidential settlement from Thermo Fisher Scientific

Should have been in the billions:smh:
Thanks for the update. I'm guessing that they structured it so that they get a percentage.

I've said this before that for all the criticism that gets thrown at Atty Ben Crump, he is effective. He moves the needle.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
This movie deserves a huge huge Hollywood movie. I appreciate them bringing awareness with the TV movie but Henrietta’s story is one of the most amazing in human history. I would love see a film about this with the biggest black stars in the business :ehh:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
This movie deserves a huge huge Hollywood movie. I appreciate them bringing awareness with the TV movie but Henrietta’s story is one of the most amazing in human history. I would love see a film about this with the biggest black stars in the business :ehh:

Totally separate and not sure how old you are but back in 91 there was an epic TV movie called And The Band Played On. About AIDS. Start studded flick

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Her family finally got a confidential settlement from Thermo Fisher Scientific

Should have been in the billions:smh:

You know Ben Crump low balled them. This guy is the black Lionel Hutz. How does he keep on getting hired? :why:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Aug 6, 2023
Settling a lawsuit typically marks the end of a legal battle.
But relatives of Henrietta Lacks said Tuesday the historic agreement they just reached with a biotechnology company that used and profited off her cells without their permission is the start of a fight that could ensnare untold numbers of other firms that do the same.

Lawyers who represent Lacks’ descendants said any company using her cells, known as HeLa cells, for research or product development without consulting or compensating the family might be the next target they “see in court.”
“Stay tuned,” said Chris Ayers, an attorney who represents the Lacks family, after announcing the settlement with Thermo Fisher Scientific, a Massachusetts-based biotech giant. “The fight against those who profit and choose to profit off of the deeply unethical and unlawful history and origins of the HeLa cells will continue"