Here come the Clippers...

Discussion in 'The Coliseum' started by murksiderock, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Kski

Kski All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Cleveland
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Naw... if Durant wins a few more rings with the Nets I don’t know how you can say his legacy won’t change.

Let’s say the Nets win 3 championships and Durant takes home 3 more Finals MVPs, he’ll have

4x Scoring Titles
    1x MVP
    5x Rings
    5x Finals MVPs

Even if he only took home one of the Finals MVPs, those accolades put him in rare company and he’ll be remembered as an undisputed top 10 all time. In 20-30 years when talking heads are evaluating Durant’s legacy, they aren’t going to care about the fact that he “stacked the deck.” All they’re going to see is the achievements, how cold he was on the court, and the fact he was the best player on 2 dynasties.

But I don’t believe the Nets will win 3 rings, honestly :yeshrug: I could easily see things playing out to where they don’t even win 1

xXMASHERXx, Big Boss and Primetime dapped this.
  2. ade

ade All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I’d actually tank into the Lakers bracket if I were the Clippers. The Lakers are going to be discombobulated for awhile as they try to rebuild chemistry. LeBron and AD will need time to get back into playing shape. That would be the best time to exploit them. Better that than the Conference Finals where the Lakers now would be healthy and LeBron would be in a groove by then. They’d be much harder to take out at that point

Primetime dapped this.
  3. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde GT, LWO, GGKTA, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD! Hall of Fame Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    TYRONE GA!
    Coli Cash:
    $1844315.00

Who's checkin AD tho on the Cappers?

Best bet is try to hurt him on some Bad Boys on Mike shyt.

MJ Truth dapped this.
  4. MJ Truth

MJ Truth Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $225500.00

Lol. Sure.

murksiderock dapped this.
  5. Big Boss

Big Boss Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I been telling my lakers brothers that the clippers are the best team in the west

Always next year tho :yeshrug:

6. murksiderock

murksiderock Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    SMF and LAX to VA and NC
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I hear you, just a couple counters:

Yall never do these hypothetical "if ______ 3peats or wins 3 more" for LeBron, but you do it for Kawhi, Durant, and a few others. Yall really don't do it for Curry anymore since Durant left. So I'm not in to hypothesizing multiple championships, my point was strictly about if the Nets win this year, not if they win more titles down the road...

Playing along though, Durant winning multiple titles would elevate him but again I think it really depends how these championships are won, as to how high he climbs...

This takes me to my next point. The only organizations since the end of the early 00s Lakers, who have won 3 championships, are the Spurs ('03, '05, '07, '14) and the Warriors. Those Spurs won 3 in 5 and 4 in 9, I'm here to tell you Durant doesn't have 5 years left as an elite player. Hypothetically is KD's Nets pulled of three chips in 5 years that would mean #3 comes in 2025 in Y18. If he's even still playing in '25 he won't be elite Kevin Durant...

Now I do agree, details get lost with time. Decades from now details of Durant's circumstances will merely be footnotes!

Kski dapped this.
  7. Primetime

Primetime Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    H-Town
    Coli Cash:
    $379444.00

Lol. Yup.

8. thedevilyouknow

thedevilyouknow Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Truthfully it doesn’t always come down to checking somebody. Seen enough basketball to know sometimes there is no stopping a certain guy but that doesn’t automatically equal a victory. I’ve always said AD is supremely talented but he doesn’t put the interior pressure/bad foul situation on the opposing team like you would think. The guy loves playing pretty and sometimes he doesn’t rebound

9. Primetime

Primetime Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    H-Town
    Coli Cash:
    $379444.00

Injuries and how teams recover and re-acclimate going into the playoffs is definitely a big factor.

Which is why path of least resistance is important for teams when it comes to seeding. Tho with it still being a few weeks away and a dozen games left, i think it'll be more about whether that achilles will hold up for AD more so than if he can find his rhythm. It's one of those things where only time will tell.

Big Boss, murksiderock and ade dapped this.
  10. Kski

Kski All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Cleveland
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I’ll do the what if game for Bron. If Bron 3 Peats with the Lakers, he’s at the very least the undisputed #2 of all time. Personally, I think that he’s already #2 all time, but other players have an argument over him. The ship has sailed for Bron to ever be the undisputed GOAT, however.

Ah I misunderstood, but I still would argue that a ring this year would enhance Durant’s legacy, especially if he goes through Bron to get it. History will look at it as KD going through his generations GOAT 3x for rings, context will be lost to history.

I agree with you that the Nets window is limited. They have 3 years to win as many rings as they can

xXMASHERXx and murksiderock dapped this.
  11. etrofllenrod504

etrofllenrod504 All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $335000.00

Fuk the finals lol Will this be the year the clippers get out the second round for the 1st time in the organization history:jbhmm:

murksiderock and Dorian Breh dapped this.
  12. KevJ

KevJ Overall Nice Guy

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
    Coli Cash:
    $183348.33

rondo still doing it

meanwhile deron ate his way out the league a half decade ago

kevj 1
    Gil ZERO

13. thedevilyouknow

thedevilyouknow Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Don’t sweat it. He’s a homosexual. You know how arguing & drama turns women on? He’s the only person here that gets into back & forths with everyone about everything....Like how? That’s his thing. Watch that dude pause

14. ModernGameHero

ModernGameHero Mando Nikka 

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Gamers World Wide
    Coli Cash:
    $199500.00

How many 3rd quarters have they came back in? Last year they couldn’t keep a lead worth shyt in the 3rd

15. THE 101

THE 101 House Painter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $346615.00

So ya'll traded your future to stay under the radar? That's tough.