Hip Hop now is nothing but dark energy

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s nothing really enlightening and empowering about hip hop yes I was all in the rap beef with Kendrick and Drake but I look at how low it got for these two nikkaz. Pedo allegations and Domestic violence allegations to assassinate each others character. Yes I was all into the beef but I be lying if I said that it doesn’t sit right with me that the biggest rap song in the world right now is calling another black man a pedophile. I’m a big Kendrick Stan and I’m glad he won the battle but at the same time it’s bittersweet.

Now all the rest of the beefs that are now coming to fruition The Game, Rick Ross, Soulja Boy, Metro, 50 cent and and Diddy son etc. J.Cole was right to back out. Hip Hop looking like a complete clown show and is terrible representation of us as black men in hindsight. Y’all nikkas can clown me all you want but this shyt is cooked.

Also the drugs and murders that come with the shyt. fukkin cooked.

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
radio-times-best-bane-quotes-ad2c2f3.jpg

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Open up a restaurant that sells junk food and pizza and shhit on one side and healthy options on the other to a crowd full of teenagers and see what the overwhelming majority flocks to, 🤷🏽‍♂️. Same deal…this is a young folks genre, of course stupidity and bad shhit is gonna be King, sadly…they’re dumb kids. The people actually selling/cooking them the unhealthy food being in their 30s and 40s and 50s is nasty 🤢…but they’re just supplying a demand, which is Business 101. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Facts theres no balance.
The 1990s is when you had so much revolutionary-minded songs, lyrics and albums. It still existed more underground in the 2000s but then the industry and feds decided to nip it in the bud.

Up until the early 2010s people online would listen to Vinnie Paz and Immortal Technique, and up until the mid 2010s would listen to Lupe Fiasco. Now they're nowhere as popular, and Lupe got more politically tamer too. Ice Cube today would never rap about what he rapped about in the 90s. He sold out politically, even attending Zionist events and apologizing to them for comments.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Open up a restaurant that sells junk food and pizza and shhit on one side and healthy options on the other to a crowd full of teenagers and see what the overwhelming majority flocks to, 🤷🏽‍♂️. Same deal…this is a young folks genre, of course stupidity and bad shhit is gonna be King, sadly…they’re dumb kids. The people actually selling/cooking them the food being in their 30s and 40s and 50s is nasty 🤢…but they’re just supplying a demand, which is Business 101. 🤷🏽‍♂️

It’s nasty work the OGs doing to the youth.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Larry June - positivity and some playa shyt
JID - rappity rap
Smino - smooth grooves/jazz fusion
buddy - everyday guy and some funk
Denzel Curry - literally went from being negative and to living positively and hollering about enlightenment

That’s just who’s in my wheelhouse. Y’all stuck on negativity are captive to the mainstream

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I honestly dont know what to tell this generation... I very seldom listen to new shyt. 90% of the music I cosume now is older. I go back an listen to shyt I didnt want to buy back in the day. Just discovering older catalogues is my thing. that goes for rap, R&B or whatever.

shyt is one copy cat after another. who can say the craziest shyt on a record. shyt aint art right now

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s nasty work the OGs doing to the youth.
That’s the one and only thing I bytch and moan about when it comes to this shhit, the old heads and their willful ignorance, shhit is disgusting. Kids don’t know no better…these old nigs do but they wanna be liked and accepted by the babies more than anything, 🤢

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Been this way for a good number of years now.
Rappers and songs that truly question the establishment and educate people don't get their shine.
Oh there are artists who still do. It’s the fans who start bytchin about the music trying to educate or being too preachy. The consumers are the problem just as much as the artists/labels.