Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh it’s
Larry June - positivity and some playa shyt
JID - rappity rap
Smino - smooth grooves/jazz fusion
buddy - everyday guy and some funk
Denzel Curry - literally went from being negative and to living positively and hollering about enlightenment

That’s just who’s in my wheelhouse. Y’all stuck on negativity are captive to the mainstream

I listen to all these nikkaz and I’m glad Denzel curry saw the light. I wish mainstream showcased some of these nikkaz I know with JID a bit they do.

StackUp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Larry June - positivity and some playa shyt
JID - rappity rap
Smino - smooth grooves/jazz fusion
buddy - everyday guy and some funk
Denzel Curry - literally went from being negative and to living positively and hollering about enlightenment

That’s just who’s in my wheelhouse. Y’all stuck on negativity are captive to the mainstream
I would add chance too but nikkas hate him the most on here for whatever reason lol

nikka can rap his ass off. Lowkey surpassed cole imho

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Nobody else cares about them side beefs. What this has shown me is that even though these other rappers are celebs it really irked them seeing the world focus in solely on two of their peers, like they felt left out. Rap beef has always been toxic but this shyt has been brewing with these two for over 10 year's, longer than any other feud I can remember

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Breh it’s

I listen to all these nikkaz and I’m glad Denzel curry saw the light. I wish mainstream showcased some of these nikkaz I know with JID a bit they do.
There really is no mainstream. Go look at billboard charts and it’s damn near all artists from 2017 and earlier charting for rap outside of the rap girls. Consumers control what they listen to to a much bigger extent so people really ain’t listening to that negative shyt like y’all saying minus a certain type of crowd of kids. That music isn’t doing numbers and it’s the reason cole, Kendrick, future, drake, Travis and Kanye of all people are all still king.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Been this way for a good number of years now.
Rappers and songs that truly question the establishment and educate people don't get their shine.

Late 2017 to 2018 was the turning point, the year of the Xanax sound, and on the other side the shameless marketing to and from whores

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
It's been dark energy since gangsta rap blew up. Glorified misogyny and violence. Remember when pimping was a trend? Literally forcing women to suck and fukk for money while dudes laughed, took the money and kept their pimp hand strong. :manny:

Kenny out here trying to get a lame out the paint. I think it's the best moment hip hop has had since Jay and Nas released Blueprint and Stillmatic.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
It’s been this way, I’ve been listen to more Gangstarr and other artist with some message behind their music way more than the darker energy stuff. That kind of music gets listened to in moderate or minimal doses.

Daps
I'm right there with you OP. Even me and @Matt504 was debating this beef when both of us have been saying for years that rap needs to GO, him moreso than me. It's crazy how easy it is to get sucked back into it but you are correct, nothing but darkness. Hip hop contains no redeeming qualities. Absolutely none.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
There’s nothing really enlightening and empowering about hip hop yes I was all in the rap beef with Kendrick and Drake but I look at how low it got for these two nikkaz. Pedo allegations and Domestic violence allegations to assassinate each others character. Yes I was all into the beef but I be lying if I said that it doesn’t sit right with me that the biggest rap song in the world right now is calling another black man a pedophile. I’m a big Kendrick Stan and I’m glad he won the battle but at the same time it’s bittersweet.

Now all the rest of the beefs that are now coming to fruition The Game, Rick Ross, Soulja Boy, Metro, 50 cent and and Diddy son etc. J.Cole was right to back out. Hip Hop looking like a complete clown show and is terrible representation of us as black men in hindsight. Y’all nikkas can clown me all you want but this shyt is cooked.

Also the drugs and murders that come with the shyt. fukkin cooked.
Drake started the mud slinging. Blame him.

And rappers talk about murder and robbery and drugs and demeaning black women all the time but now you choose to care?

Yall nikkaz goofy.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
It’s been this way, I’ve been listen to more Gangstarr and other artist with some message behind their music way more than the darker energy stuff. That kind of music gets listened to in moderate or minimal doses.
Kendrick last album was too mature for the generic public. But he’s a perfect example of hip hop done right. He grew up around Westside Pirus and could easily sell that image but he doesn’t.