Hip Hop Really Deserves to Die At This Point

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Not really related to this thread, more random post. But not one topic in here in the first page interests me. The beef has been discussed to death for where we are atm, I said what I needed to say about the future album, everything else is :ld:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Artists from the '80s, '90s, and early '00s did it for their love of the culture and the people.

Selling records, making money, and getting famous was just a plus to them. They made classic albums, songs, etc because they wanted to carve out their legacies in Hip-Hop.

Even when rappers did beef back then, a lot of it was due to wanting to be the best. That competitive spirit most of the time was out of love for the genre which at times further served as motivation to make the best (original sounding) music possible and that's why so much great music was released back then because it derived from their love of the culture.

Many of these rappers and artists today don't care about the meaning of Hip-Hop culture let alone exhibit that same love and gratitude for the genre...they just use the genre to make money and gain clout/fame (similar to a vulture) which has led to the genre's downfall because no love or care is being put into the music.

Hip-hop had a soul (and a heart) back then, it's gone now.

FACTS!!

Respect on pointing out that sales, money and fame were just a plus for the legends, back in the day.

The Beatminerz just had an interview recently with Questlove, and they said when they made beats back in the 90's, all they thought about was trying to impress the legends of the time, so they could see they were dope too. I've heard mad legends say the same. They all looked to each other as motivation. The competitive spirit was out of all loving the culture and wanting to add more to it. Today, it's for clicks and to keep your name in the conversation.

DaBaby just spoke with Shaq on his podcast and told him a well-known rapper reached out to him, asking if he'd be down to start fake beef with him, so they could make diss tracks and get at each other. Dudes are really trying to manufacture "beef", just to keep their names hot.

So the actual meaning of Hip Hop culture and what this was built on, is damn near nonexistent now. It's crazy, but like you said, Hip Hop's heart and soul is definitely gone.

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Not really related to this thread, more random post. But not one topic in here in the first page interests me. The beef has been discussed to death for where we are atm, I said what I needed to say about the future album, everything else is :ld:

Sign o' the times.

Everything's been dumbed down. First 2-3 pages are 95% about beef and drama. 5% is about music, and those threads are barely moving.

It's sad.

200w.gif

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I didn't say it was the same.

They're both tools on a belt.

I don't understand how u can shyt on people for using auto tune when you're bigging up the talk box.

Jay-Z going at auto tune was the dumbest shyt ever.

Everyone and their mother has used auto tune who sings since forever.

Its been a part of all genres since inception.

If you cut a tree down with a chainsaw or an axe there is no difference other than the axe is primitive and requires more work.

At the end of the day the chainsaw and axe serve the same purpose......CUT THE TREE DOWN

Fam if you just want an echo chamber of co-signs just say that and I'll stop.

No one is dapping up your posts. Autotune in Hip Hop, not the Roger Troutman shyt, was a cheap way to make a strip club hit.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
No one is dapping up your posts. Autotune in Hip Hop, not the Roger Troutman shyt, was a cheap way to make a strip club hit.

I'm not in it for daps. If I wanted that I've been here long enough to scope the scene to know exactly how to get that and would have been troll posting instead of keeping it real.

Autotune has been dominant in all genres including hip-hop for a hot minute.

Jay-Z tried that; it didn't work.

Kendrik's "big 3" diss literally sparked from Future.

You know who future is?

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
New school is ass. Surely we’ll get creatives and innovators soon enough

Hope so!

We have legends and new creative talent quitting music because they don’t feel their work would even be embraced in this climate. Common said he hopes he can motivate his peers to get back to the studio and record new music because people are giving up on the culture.

You literally don’t see top-tier lyricism and production at the top anymore. It's been the remedial hour in Hip Hop for over 20 years, and it never got back to high quality. But the "fans" have to get back to being more critical of garbage when it comes out. And stop letting wack sh*t slide and become the new normal. Ghostface said he puts a lot of hard work into his albums, with trying to find the perfect beats and samples, then it drops and nobody supports it. Some of the best ever are tired of working hard just to see their albums come and go because everyone is more focused on today's trash on the menu.

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
Wasn’t Roger Troutman using a voice box? That’s not auto tune.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Hope so!

We have legends and new creative talent quitting music because they don’t feel their work would even be embraced in this climate. Common said he hopes he can motivate his peers to get back to the studio and record new music because people are giving up on the culture.

You literally don’t see top-tier lyricism and production at the top anymore. It's been the remedial hour in Hip Hop for over 20 years, and it never got back to high quality. But the "fans" have to get back to being more critical of garbage when it comes out. And stop letting wack sh*t slide and become the new normal. Ghostface said he puts a lot of hard work into his albums, with trying to find the perfect beats and samples, then it drops and nobody supports it. Some of the best ever are tired of working hard just to see their albums come and go because everyone is more focused on today's trash on the menu.
Only new talent can make it happen. Not old nikkas

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Only new talent can make it happen. Not old nikkas

I agree.

But the new talent still needs the OG's for guidance. Every generation should be learning from the one before. Problem is, the newer talent is starting everything from scratch. So they don’t know sh*t about development or even how to reach a certain standard or level of greatness. Nobody's teaching them. And they're not going back and listening to classics so they can work with some kind of blueprint. They're all just doing whatever they know, but with a limited perspective.

Which is why the music is so trash.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I made this post in the Lola Brooks thread; but I thinks its realtive

so I'll repost

"It's not working.

You shouldn't get second chances.

They didn't give out second chances at the APOLLO.

You came correct and got ALL the LOVE or didn't and got stopped dead in your tracks.

The issue here is what I've been upset about.

Its a generation of scammers. In the streets and music.

You guys put $ and clout over music and culture.

"Platinum" status doesn't mean what it once was.

Music fans don't care about the business of music unless you're on the coli or in the business.

New York's problem is they're focused on everything BUT the music.

People will HYPE ANYBODY up just cause they're from here.

That's why there is a huge list of one hit wonders in the past decade.

Almost every single one of them was a wave rider 2 and didn't have an original bone in their body.

It's not even necessary for me 2 list them.

There needs to be standards and originality.

Champion dope shyt and smother the wack shyt.

Pop smoke was next; but he gone.

That new $ Cobain / ice spice song is a step in the right direction; but that shyt aint even polished right.

There are tons of undiscovered producers in NY.

The problem is all these scam rappers just go on YT or soundcloud or whatever and type in "Artist "X" type beat" and go to work.

Its not a culture of music; its a culture of clout and hitting a lick.

Where is the love?

This bytch had her shot and blew it; fukk her kick her ass out the whip and pick up a new bytch."

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Also I don't even wanna hear anybody 40 and up from NY complain about music or the streets in NY.

Like I said they some deadbeat dads 100%.

Its gotta be a terrible feeling to have nothing to show and allowing the legacy to become a laughing stock.

Seeing the same 1s ya'll didn't wanna help lap you in many ways tho.

At least social media has opened opportunities for these young rappers to make real $ instead of being slaves and eating crumbs like most of the same generation hating.
They're also 2 stoopid to adapt to current streets so just end up starving; thinking they can jump back in it :russ:

They created the environment they despise so much.

I hate these old brehs with a passion.

Shoutout French for taking D-thang under his wing.

Shoutout bustah for doing that song with Kodak about this very subject.

Shoutout King Louie for schooling Bibby's generation

"I AINT EVER SEEN YE, HE AINT EVER SHOWED US NUTHING" :pacspit:

they all blew up as teenagers :blessed:

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Natural order. For creativity, individualism, and art to become the wave again - the music has to become monotonous and predictable. Then the cycle will repeat, the fans will turn their backs on experimental for the satisfaction of what's consistent and familiar.

The good thing is there are some artist who don't know how to be anything but who they are and there are some who can be whatever that's necessary to reach as many people as possible.