Hip Hop Really Deserves to Die At This Point

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Stones Throw kinda took over for the nerds and backpackers.

And I think the label is dope, but their roster is all over the place.

I fukks with Stones Throw…

One of my favorite rappers was Murs and the Living Legends.

My old martial arts teacher played that Classic CD for me while dropping me off at home after school

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
All true.

I think with Hip Hop, we probably reached that point around 20 years ago, and just got stuck in the predictable and monotonous cycle, so labels can profit. I said the same about a lot of these artists not knowing how to be anything other than what they are. The thing that's wild that someone pointed out to me over the weekend that's mad true is, back in the day, the artists had more positive influence over the listener. They could lead with commentary and thought-provoking music, and inspire the youth to read more history and protest, etc.

Today, artists are basically doing any and everything to please their following, even if that means not growing as an artist for fear of losing younger listeners, or dumbing down their sh*t, to simplify the listen and be as catchy as they possibly can be, to grow their fanbase. Like Erick Sermon said recently, "Hip Hop's great at telling people how to get high or locked up now".

But Hip Hop's intelligent influence and ability to spark the minds of listeners for the betterment of the culture is dead as a MF.

Can't even front I love all the new shyt but its mostly just "vybes" :francis:

I'm shocked when I hear like a grade level C verse :russ:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC

That's been going on for a minute now. Sh*t is crazy every time I see it.

They come on buses with cameras around their necks taking pics of everyone walking by, and have a "tour guide" speaking to them about the blocks. Every weekend, mad early in the morning, this is a thing. They're usually in groups of like 15-20. Back in the day, the only white people you saw uptown were DT's. Whole sh*t has changed.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
50 aint lyrically sharp. Ghostface, DMX, AZ, and others made better music than him.

No you like those artist better than fiddy.

It is debatable in large by discography in a commercial pop context. If those artist have a higher quality discography.
AZ constructs rhymes better.

Yet dmx and ghost have emcee damning issues in their background. As well as fiddy.

Commercially in the pop sector.

Fiddy made more music in bulk in volume.
over a shorter period of time. That was easier to sell based on the jiggy meets ruthless record model. That all puff gateway fans asked for. To make and drive this.
to where we are now.

Fiddy has the g unit radio mixtape series.
that feature in volume more accessible pop records in the marketplace. That even the most hardcore head could not front on.

Drake a hoe azz nikka…

He’s the male Beyoncé.

It’s surprising that no rap nikkaz slapped him up yet. Diddy smacked him like a pimp

Plus someone pissed on drake and he did nuffin. In a independent contractor based realm. Where there are no ramifications.
for defending yourself in a physical manner.
Plus drake is canadian. Whee Canadians and international civilians. Do not have and lack the American ferocity.
innately to respond with violence as well. So drake is super soft. While lacking and foo as all hell socially.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Funny because the last I checked hip-hop is still the most streamed genre so how is it dying :sas1:

Correction:

Hiphop is not a genre.

It is a culture.
Rap is the name of the misappropriated business model.
derived from the pillar of emcee in the culture of hiphop.

Art Barr

Last edited: