Hip Hop Release Dates and decisions you made...let's look back into history shall we

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
So I'm looking at Hip Hop release dates from back in the day and what I choose to listen buy on some of those days. I really didn't start buying music until around 97-98. I also saw there were some big release days back then.

On September 29th, 1998 you had the following releases:
Bad Azz - Word on tha Streets
Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Blackstar
Brand Nubian - Foundation
Jay-Z - Volume 2: The Hard Knock Life
No Limit Records Mean Green Compilation
OutKast - Aquemini
A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement

My choice was Outkast Rosa Parks was rocking.

On November 3rd, 1998 you had the following releases:
Crucial Conflict - Good Side, Bad Side
Juvenile 400 Degreez
Mia X - Mama Drama
GRITS - Factors of the Seven

My dumb ass bought Mia X Mama Drama :russ: That No Limit shyt was still running through my blood I probably bought at least 6 or 7 No Limit albums that year.

1st week sales were nasty back in the day to Snoop dropped his No Limit debut and sold 520K the first week. DMX sold 670K his first week.

April 6th 1999 you have Krazie Bone - Thug Mentality 1999, Lords of the Underground - Resurrection, and Nas - I Am...

Can you guess what my dumbass bought...Krazie Bone - Thug Mentality 1999. I was still very much a Bone Thugs N Harmony fan. I remember loving Nas Is Like... and Hate Me Now but I wasn't really into Nas at that point.

My love for No Limit really fukked me up in 98 and 99. Buying albums like No Limit Allstars Who U Wit and TRU Da Crime Family Double Disc. Those dudes was done by this time and I was still giving them chance after chance.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
9/29/98- OutKast Aquemini. Didn't cop on release date though. I later downloaded the Mean Green album even though "Major Players" was one of my favorite songs from The Tank. Didn't feel the need to cop Vol. 2 as most of it was on the radio. Still ended up getting it from BMG Music club where I also got the Blackstar album. Downloaded Love Movement. Never was a Brand Nubian fan like that. Didn't hate them either.

4/6/99- Copped Nas- I Am..., but not on release date. Got Thug Mentality off clearance when On Cue went out of business

11/3/98- copped Mama Drama after release date. Huge No Limit fan that never really cared for CMR.

Dope thread.