Chuck-Taylor-Laughs-Then-Shakes-His-Head.gif

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Most parents aren't qualified to be educators in a formal sense in my opinion.

Its one thing to have problems with the education system, its another to pretend you can not only be an education across a vast number of topics, but I really am skeptical towards some kids who get exposed to the fukkery their parents try to imbue them with.

I think it signals an inability to make better decisions for your child to meld into society as opposed to you thinking you can do better for them than anyone else can.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
I'd do it, just put them in after school programs so they can get socialized with kids their own age.

Homeschoolers’ Sports Access
While homeschoolers in Virginia are allowed to enroll part-time in public school classes, they are currently not allowed to play on public high school interscholastic sports teams due to regulations established by the Virginia High School League (VHSL). The VHSL writes athletic eligibility rules and guidelines that all of its member public high schools in the state must follow.

The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers supports homeschool access to public school programs and services and since 1997 has worked to increase access at the state and local level. We have attempted numerous times to work with VHSL and other public school organizations to develop voluntary agreements to support the inclusion of qualified homeschooled students in VHSL programs. VaHomeschoolers is the only statewide homeschooling organization that has consistently lobbied in favor of sports access legislation (“Tebow Bills”) in the Virginia General Assembly.

What is the Latest on this Issue?
There is a bill in the 2015 Virginia General Assembly aimed at allowing homeschooled students the opportunity to participate in sports and other competitive interscholastic activities (such as debate) at their local public high schools: HB 1626, patroned by Del. Rob Bell (R-Charlottesville) and Del. David Ramadan (R-South Riding). This bill is nearly identical to last year’s legislation, and would prohibit Virginia school divisions from being members of the Virginia High School League unless the league modifies its eligibility rules to include homeschooled students, subject to a number of rules and requirements. Homeschoolers would only be eligible to try out at the public high school assigned to their residence, and would have to have homeschooled for two full, consecutive academic years in compliance with the home instruction statute. The bill also includes other eligibility restrictions for homeschoolers, in line with many of the requirements for public school students. Just as in 2013, this legislation would allow public school systems to decide the question of homeschool eligibility at the local level, since it states that homeschool eligibility “shall be subject to all policies governing such participation that the local school board may establish.”

VaHomeschoolers supports HB 1626, and will be working throughout the legislative session to communicate with homeschoolers about what they can do to help these bills become law.

and

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/17/tim-tebow-rules-virginia-senate-oks-home-schoolers/

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Homeschool is only going to increase as technology improves. Dunno why school districts insist on fighting a losing battle instead of getting rid of standardized testing and the one-size-fits-all mentality

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
I was homeschooled most of my life, and my younger siblings are as well.

Teachers tried to put me in special ed classes in elementary school, because they were upset that I was outdoing all the white kids in my classes. My father had me reading BOOKS (not picture books, REAL BOOKS), writing, and learning math while the other kids were still learning the basics.

The teachers had me take a bunch of confusing, poorly-worded, biased-ass tests, to decide whether or not I could keep up with the other kids. Of course I failed it, but, my parents had me take some state-approved test online, and it showed I was working at like a middle school level.

My parents put me back in school during middle school because they found out they could put me in advanced classes, but they took me out again when my teachers, again, tried to put me in special ed classes.

Finally, I went to a Collegiate High School my Junior and Senior year and did fine. Got to have the high school "experience" and everything.

I would honestly suggest homeschooling to any black parent(s). I didn't like it at first, but when I look back, it really helped me. If you're worried about your kids having a social life, there are plenty of activities you can get them into. Most kids are on their phones nowadays, anyways, so your kids would probably end up getting MORE social interaction than most kids do nowadays.

And in regards to people saying "Well, I want a QUALIFIED teacher teaching my kids", a lot of these teachers out here don't know shyt and ain't about shyt. You can enroll them in online schools, that come along with material that can help parents assist their students, if necessary.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I was homeschooled most of my life, and my younger siblings are as well.

Teachers tried to put me in special ed classes in elementary school, because they were upset that I was outdoing all the white kids in my classes. My father had me reading BOOKS (not picture books, REAL BOOKS), writing, and learning math while the other kids were still learning the basics.

The teachers had me take a bunch of confusing, poorly-worded, biased-ass tests, to decide whether or not I could keep up with the other kids. Of course I failed it, but, my parents had me take some state-approved test online, and it showed I was working at like a middle school level.

Kinda what happened to me. Mom had me reading Earth Science at age 4. When I reached 1st grade, teacher would give us work and I would smash it in 60 seconds. I remember the teachers having a meeting with my parents and I thought I was in trouble or some shyt. They skipped me to 2nd grade and I did the same shyt. About a month in, they had me take the GATE test and I scored a 99% on a test I was looking at like WTF, weird ass patterns and shyt. After that my parents put us in a Christian school where I was skipped to the 3rd grade.

Long story short, after 3rd grade we went back to public schooling and I fell off and experienced the school-prison pipeline

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I did homeschooling for 2yrs as a teenager. shyt was marvelous. I was at a private academy and there was an online curriculum and in-home tutors as well. I only had to do exams, not daily workbooks. There were 2 exams and a midterm, then 2 exams and a final. I would sleep until 4pm, got to work at 5, get off at 1am, come home and watch the second run of [adultswim] and do class work on my laptop until 5am, then knock out. Had a full time 40hr/week schedule as a salaried manager (b/c I lied on my application) at Blockbuster as a junior. Mofos thought I was hustling dope when I would come to campus/events for football shyt. I was making money like I was one of those kids parents.
:ohlawd:

Most parents aren't qualified to be educators in a formal sense in my opinion.

Its one thing to have problems with the education system, its another to pretend you can not only be an education across a vast number of topics, but I really am skeptical towards some kids who get exposed to the fukkery their parents try to imbue them with.

I think it signals an inability to make better decisions for your child to meld into society as opposed to you thinking you can do better for them than anyone else can.

Very true breh, but lets not act like there arent actual teachers who arent either. Often teachers are jus going by the text book regarding the lesson plan page by page. If they teach like that (which most do) then they should be ashamed to call themselves teachers at all. If the kid can read, he can do what they do himself. Too many teachers are like that.
:flabbykid:

Then you have some teachers who are learning shyt as they are going along and reading aloud like :ohhh: and have the nerve to call themselves teachers and be snotty about your wrong answers but they grading your test with the answer page in the book.:maury: Why you gotta look at the answers to know the answers!? bytch you suppose know that shyt already! :bryan:

Last edited:

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
Before I had my daughter, I thought home school was on some stupid shyt (mainly ignorance not gone lie :manny:)

But if I can find a good private tutor/teacher, im all for it honestly. There is other curriculum I can have my daughter do for "social skills".

My wife told me how bad school has gotten, plus with seeing everything, fukk all that mess. shyt, is horrible to think about with all the shyt happens and thinking about if it will happen to your own seed. Nah im good, i wanted to send her to private school but i dunno.

:patrice:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good, white teachers just teach your ass how to be a damn statistic

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps
I think this a major problem,especially for parents who don´t have time to homeschool their kids because it interferes with their work schedule.If there is a two family home, this is will consume time on the either parents schedule. Say we have a mother that is homeschooling,I hope she is not mad at the fact of being a stay at home mother.

How will the kids get socialized and accultured when they are homeschool. Do you understand that educating kids is a very tedious task, that involves being trained for that area themselves. This is why I don´t see many blacks in America coming out of the runt in this country.

1stPick

Banned
Daps
I did homeschooling for 2yrs as a teenager. shyt was marvelous. I was at a private academy and there was an online curriculum and in-home tutors as well. I only had to do exams, not daily workbooks. There were 2 exams and a midterm, then 2 exams and a final. I would sleep until 4pm, got to work at 5, get off at 1am, come home and watch the second run of [adultswim] and do class work on my laptop until 5am, then knock out. Had a full time 40hr/week schedule as a salaried manager (b/c I lied on my application) at Blockbuster as a junior. Mofos thought I was hustling dope when I would come to campus/events for football shyt. I was making money like I was one of those kids parents.
:deadrose: