Homeschooling is rising among Black people

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
as opposed to the B.S. public school system tries to indoctrinate them with?
Don't send your kids to shyt schools OR work to improve your local school system.

I personally am skeptical of parents who think they can "do it all" especially with regards to something as vital as education.

And miss me with these one-off articles that get quoted about a successful home-school student. Theres a reason they're so few and far in-between.

Looking around even this board, a great deal of people on here, including maybe me, would have been immensely F*CKED in life had our/my parents gone the homeschool route.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black kids going to public school are F*CKED

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/sohh...g-kids-about-ancient-egypt-these-days.288283/

qoc4sj.jpg

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/natural-hair-in-school-potential-explusion.167749/

ORLANDO, Fla. -
An African-American teen says she faces expulsion because administrators at her private school want her to cut and shape her hair.

Vanessa VanDyke said she was given one week to decide to whether cut her hair or leave Faith Christian Academy in Orlando, a school she's been going to since the third grade.

But for now, she and her mother do not plan to change her hair because it is part of the 12-year-old's identity. But her natural hair style comes with a cost.

"It says that I'm unique," said VanDyke. "First of all, it's puffy and I like it that way. I know people will tease me about it because it's not straight. I don't fit in."

VanDyke said that first the teasing from other students, but now, school leaders seem to be singling her out for her appearance.

Faith Christian Academy has a dress code and rules against how students can wear their hair. The student handbook reads: "Hair must be a natural color and must not be a distraction," and goes on to state examples that include, but are not limited to, mohawks, shaved designs and rat tails.

"A distraction to one person is not a distraction to another," said VanDyke's mother, Sabrina Kent. "You can have a kid come in with pimples on his face. Are you going to call that a distraction?"

VanDyke said she's had her large, natural hair all year long, but it only became an issue after the family complained about students teasing her about her hair.

"There have been bullies in the school," said Kent. "There have been people teasing her about her hair, and it seems to me that they're blaming her."

"I'm depressed about leaving my friends and people that I've known for a while, but I'd rather have that than the principals and administrators picking on me and saying that I should change my hair," said VanDyke.

"I'm going to fight for my daughter," Kent said. "If she wants her hair like that, she will keep her hair like that. There are people out there who may think that natural hair is not appropriate. She is beautiful the way she is."

School administrators responded to an email asking about the issue, but did not provide any answers to questions.

http://www.local10.com/news/africanamerican-girl-faces-expulsion-over-natural-hair/23165492

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
My cousin graduated high school with a 2.0 GPA and tried to homeschool her daughter:mjlol:

shyt didnt work. Soon as the next semester started in school, she enrolled her.

You have to give these kids undivided attention if you're planning to homeschool them. Put the phones and remotes down, and turn off the ebonics switch just for a hot minute.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most parents aren't qualified to be educators in a formal sense in my opinion.

Its one thing to have problems with the education system, its another to pretend you can not only be an education across a vast number of topics, but I really am skeptical towards some kids who get exposed to the fukkery their parents try to imbue them with.

I think it signals an inability to make better decisions for your child to meld into society as opposed to you thinking you can do better for them than anyone else can.

Stfu, you don't know everything.

Stop talking things you nothing about