Hop on the Bullet(s) Train to the Lottery! Official Washington Wizards 2023-26 Rebuild Thread 🧙🏾

WHERE DO THE BULLETS FINISH?

• Total voters

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai

Quality losses lol. Eventually Bilal is out starting two and Poole goes back to the role he was excelling at.
Tyus and gafford too once we get those pieces. These guys have a place just not in the role they are in. Let them fukk around and practice. Even Corey making moves off the dribble. This year should be like everyone do what the fukk you want to do. Compete for 3 and a half quarters. Lose.

Oh yeah and denis confidence and finishing is so much better than before. It's like night and day. And he's physical. Deni, Bilal and Kuz in the future starting lineup. Everyone else back to bench.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Poole :camby:

I knew we weren’t going to be shyt at the start of the season. I just wish we at least tried :mjlol:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Poole :camby:

I knew we weren’t going to be shyt at the start of the season. I just wish we at least tried :mjlol:
He low key had a decent game last night

Wes pulled him for a set play that got Shamet a wide open 3 he missed. Wiz Twitter was wondering why he was sitting, but Wes sees the percentages.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV

giphy.gif

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Other than the wizards intentionally losing this game I don't know who in their right mind would think pistons win by more than 2.5 pts or wizards had only a 36 percent chance of winning.
Detroit has legit lineup and spacing issues plus youth. They have a nice collection of players who I don't know if work well together but I'm a fan of. They have talent. It's just no one can shoot.

Like I said in the other thread. Who do they even draft that makes a difference next year? Big fan of Ausar..first team nba defence type game

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Coulibaly had some eye popping drives and dunks last game. Said he had been working on it with Brian Keefe for the past few weeks. I love when hes assertive. Right now he's just deffering and working on his tool kit. But I think most wizards fans haven't appreciated what we got in Brian Keefe. He did the development for KD, Russ and Harden. Later he did Shai as well. Now we've paired him with Bilal who just seems to have a quick learning curve. Couldnt shoot in summer league. Still can't but hes shooting 41 percent from three. Handle was iffy but it's improved. Drives are getting better.. and he still has room to improve, grow taller and get bigger. But physically hes not being bullied despite being the second or third youngest NBA player.

Also don't get fooled that he's six six. Pre draft the measurement was 1.99 meters which came to about 6 7' barefoot. And now he said a few weeks back hes now 6 8 barefoot. and when you see him with Deni and Kuz theres not that much height difference for now. great for small forwards but amazing for someone who can also slot in at the two.

Deni also has improved vastly when it comes to driving the ball and finishing. Summer work on his body and finishing paid off.

Hes also improved his three point and effective field goal percentage by five percent from roughtly .313 to .354 and efg to .573 which is pretty good
free throw percentage is up too from .739 to .829

jayson tatum been rocking that sort of three point percentage and efg percent albeit on higher usage

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
We can't guard Jojo. No one on our team is big enough or strong enough to guard him one on one. We started doubling early like that was the game plan and as a result they got open threes when guys like Poole weren't rotating. Bilal was more resistance while bringing the double. They werent gpnna let him have 50. But he was hitting ridiculous shots.

I watched it to see whod be resilient and fight back and I saw some fight from Kuz and Deni. Also Bilal missed a lot of threes but i was happy he kept taking them until he eventually hit some.. as opposed to quitting being afraid and not taking any more shots.
Team issues are simple. Undersized starting guards who should be back ups. Undersized center who should be a back up. A team like memphis dropped off after losing ja, tyus, Dillon and Steven Adams. 3/4 of their startiing six. WE fill holes and we might become good again. Problem is i'm seeing so many issues with this draft crop like no one is gonna be a force in the NBA. Maybe in some years. Topic the wild card.

I like when we lose big so the young guys can play and so the older guys know they are not cutting it