Houston TX thread

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
If mother nature decides to knock out power lines..you can't just pick em shyts back up like Legos nikka

:dwillhuh: The power lines knocked down

I’m over this mid ass state:yeshrug:

Considering Texas’ past record with the grid you mean to tell me they can’t/wont weather proof it?

And before yall hit me with we’ll just leave nikka:camby:

I’m working on it aight. :ld:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Considering Texas’ past record with the grid you mean to tell me they can’t/wont weather proof it?

This has nothing to do with the grid though breh. This would be the case in any state.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H

nikka said weather proof it
:dead:

Breh I'm on Southwest and we never lost power and I'm thankful for that
I work in the Spring Branch area and they got tore up

Folks always underestimate the winds
:ufdup:

p.s bye migga
:camby:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
This has nothing to do with the grid though breh. This would be the case in any state.

In the 4 years I lived in New England, 2 blizzards and a bomb cyclone the power never went out. And yes this is related to grid. You really think Texas’ deregulated ass is doing all this.

1. Planning ahead​

Our transmission and distribution systems must be resilient to storm conditions, and we work all year round to ensure we’re ready for all kinds of severe weather. This includes:

• upgrading and maintaining equipment, as well as routinely checking the condition of our assets and the environment around them.
  • reviewing weather forecasts based on multiple weather prediction models.
  • collaborating with other industry parties, such as the Electricity System Operator (ESO) and local Distribution Network Operators (DNOs), to understand our collective resilience and anything we may need to manage together
  • evaluating the network status and, if practical, looking to return any assets that may be out for scheduled maintenance earlier than planned to make the network more resilient
  • putting plans in place to make sure we can restore power supplies quickly and safely in the event of a power cut.
  • putting temporary generators and flood defences on standby, as well as helicopters to help identify badly affected areas and hasten repairs.
  • reviewing workforce plans to ensure effective staffing, both in the field and in our control rooms.
  • having additional colleagues on standby across all parts of our business, whether that’s operational and engineering staff to respond to network issues, contact centre staff to help customers with enquiries, or colleagues ready to provide IT or other functional support.
  • diverting teams and resources away from planned non-essential work in case they’re needed to assist.

4. Making sure there’s enough electricity available​

The TNCC is also in constant contact with the Electricity System Operator (ESO), who balance supply and demand in the electricity system. They monitor the weather and prepare by anticipating different scenarios to make sure they have enough electricity reserves available for unforeseen losses of supply or generation.

nikka said weather proof it
:dead:

Breh I'm on Southwest and we never lost power and I'm thankful for that
I work in the Spring Branch area and they got tore up

Folks always underestimate the winds
:ufdup:

p.s bye migga
:camby:

:skip: I’ll miss you too my migga.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation

You can't weather proof it but I completely understand your feelings towards the state of Texas. It is unwashed booty. Where do you plan to head to?

• Dap
Reactions: tgu

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I feel you but I've never seen this many trees and power lines down

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
You can't weather proof it but I completely understand your feelings towards the state of Texas. It is unwashed booty. Where do you plan to head to?

I’m doing pretty good in my current role by next year I’m looking to get promoted preferably to somewhere back in New England/Mass maybe Chicago.
Far future the Nippon countryside

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I’m doing pretty good in my current role by next year I’m looking to get promoted preferably to somewhere back in New England/Mass maybe Chicago.
Far future the Nippon countryside
Don't go to Mass. It ain't for us. Look into NY, PA, NJ, or the DMV instead. Chicago is cool. But not Mass.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I lived there for 4 years with no problem and was cool with my Jamaican barbers. Only time I ever experienced any cism was Bumblefukk, CT.

PA would be cool though.
Never mind then. You've lived it. I've heard bad things about Mass but the NE is great. Coming back to Texas from NY is like living in purgatory.