How can you believe in religion?

Its...

• Really real and if you don't believe you'll regret it

• All made up and a huge psycho-spiritual trick that preys on peoples fears and ignorance

• Been corrupted and edited way beyond its original intentions and has became a weapon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
How can you believe in one religion over another?

Just stop and think:

If you were born in a Christian house you pledge your faith that way and think everyone else is wrong as you are certain in your position. But if you, the exact same Soul, incarnated in a family that was atheist, gnostic or anything else then you's stick to the same script without question as well.

The fact there are so many flavors and all profess to have the scoop, inside track and direct connection to the intelligence behind this doesn't make you wonder or think? Could they be all wrong or all correct? Is the illusion of choice simply this?

I know a lot of people of faith never read any other texts or inspect the heritage of their own teachings as they are perfectly content with a surface level understanding as they gather around symbols with people who reinforce their belief systems. Sure there is the old "demonic convict turns his life around in jail and is now a man of the faith" thing as well as the "born again virgin" that attempts to erase her hoedom by pledging allegiance but, by the by, most people stick to the faith they were raised in and often know little to nothing about any other examples. Don't you think thats interesting? Especially when you consider what I said about incarnation and the subsequent programming via resonance of those in your surroundings that is mostly unexamined and unquestioned.

Not to mention the fact that these are all quite old texts so there has been no revised edition or how to modernness as the book of life turns to new chapters but the streams of religion seem stagnant as they stopped flowing back when.

The main point is what I said about the Soul and its incarnation at this moment. The fact you'll take to it like a fish to water and that renders the stream invisible is quite something because it shows there is something within that will adapt to any environment of operation and make it its standard. This then rolls on for generations. I find this extremely fascinating. What do you think?

Do you?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The main point is what I said about the Soul and its incarnation at this moment. The fact you'll take to it like a fish to water and that renders the stream invisible is quite something because it shows there is something within that will adapt to any environment of operation and make it its standard. This then rolls on for generations. I find this extremely fascinating. What do you think?

Do you?
atleast in the abrahamic side, this is utterly true

the "river" flows out of Genesis per se. All the fish that drink and eat from it don't fully appreciate it though

the better question is, why does religion get weaponized?

if someone never said to you, "youll go to hell if you dont do _____" how would you feel then?

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Shroom gummies, liquor and destiny
Daps
Usually when the people u trust the most in the world i.e. parents/guardians, spend ur entire childhood from the moment ur mind develops the cognizance to comprehend their words telling u something repeatedly, its just natural to accept it as gospel(no pun intended).

We are taught by society at large to respect and honor our parents, and when reinforced with threats/fear..."if u dont believe in God and follow his word u will burn in hell for eternity", it is easy to convince anyone to believe in and accept anything they tell u. A fat old magical cac on a sled pulled by flying reindeer bringing presents down ur chimney while u are sleeping, a giant bunny bringing u baskets of candy in the night, leave a tooth under ur pillow and some enchanted fairy will come in ur room while u sleeping to collect it and leave a dollar in its place. Most cacs are really good and decent people capable of empathy deep down inside...the possibilities are limitless.

When we get older and they start lifting these whimsical facades i believe it can actually be a pretty good lesson if a parent frames it as such as an example of how social programming works and the perils of just blindly accepting everything we are told without question or critical thinking.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
I know this is a sensitive topic because logic and faith don't often get it on in most peoples heads but I do find it interesting. You can distill every single religion in the world down to one sentence:

"Treat others as you would like to be treat by them".

The rest is commentary and that brings interpretation which begets conflict so, in that sense, you could say man is the problem as he's constantly looking for static. This experiment proves that:

And is very interesting and it shows how early and quick the filters kick in based on information and expectation. It also shows the nature of learned helplessness, resonance etc.. and its implications are quite immense when you consider not just the topic but the world as well.

This is what I call the Mind Made Prison and most people don't even realize they're in it as they just keep on digging the same old reality tunnel without questioning the blueprint, who gave them the shovel or where its all headed...

You can't change the world if you are hell bent on staying the same so someone has to ask these questions because its future generations at stake. Its all information. Learn to use it correctly and make better decisions by accessing greater options.

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus

Just stop and think:

If you were born in a Christian house you pledge your faith that way and think everyone else is wrong as you are certain in your position. But if you, the exact same Soul, incarnated in a family that was atheist, gnostic or anything else then you's stick to the same script without question as well.

The fact there are so many flavors and all profess to have the scoop, inside track and direct connection to the intelligence behind this doesn't make you wonder or think? Could they be all wrong or all correct? Is the illusion of choice simply this?

I know a lot of people of faith never read any other texts or inspect the heritage of their own teachings as they are perfectly content with a surface level understanding as they gather around symbols with people who reinforce their belief systems. Sure there is the old "demonic convict turns his life around in jail and is now a man of the faith" thing as well as the "born again virgin" that attempts to erase her hoedom by pledging allegiance but, by the by, most people stick to the faith they were raised in and often know little to nothing about any other examples. Don't you think thats interesting? Especially when you consider what I said about incarnation and the subsequent programming via resonance of those in your surroundings that is mostly unexamined and unquestioned.

Not to mention the fact that these are all quite old texts so there has been no revised edition or how to modernness as the book of life turns to new chapters but the streams of religion seem stagnant as they stopped flowing back when.

Do you?

Let's cut to the heart of the matter. Most people are not willing to either see if there is a God or not. If there is a God then there are rules people don't want to follow as it will conflict with what people want to do.

If people are truly interested in whether there is a God all they have to do is look up and say "God, show me my walk with you". God will answer and the truth will be revealed.

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
I know this is a sensitive topic because logic and faith don't often get it on in most peoples heads but I do find it interesting. You can distill every single religion in the world down to one sentence:

"Treat others as you would like to be treat by them".

The rest is commentary and that brings interpretation which begets conflict so, in that sense, you could say man is the problem as he's constantly looking for static. This experiment proves that:

And is very interesting and it shows how early and quick the filters kick in based on information and expectation. It also shows the nature of learned helplessness, resonance etc.. and its implications are quite immense when you consider not just the topic but the world as well.

This is what I call the Mind Made Prison and most people don't even realize they're in it as they just keep on digging the same old reality tunnel without questioning the blueprint, who gave them the shovel or where its all headed...

You can't change the world if you are hell bent on staying the same so someone has to ask t hese questions because its future generations at stake. Its all information. Learn to use it correctly and make better decisions by accessing greater options.

All religions can't be broken down into one. It would require two minimum.

Mark 12:28-34 KJV
And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? [29] And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: [30] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. [31] And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. [32] And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: [33] And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. [34] And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Just stop and think:

Do you?

Are you basically saying that there's no possible universe in which supernatural reality could occur, if not everyone knew about it? That if any deity of any kind actually existed, the only option would be for it to force belief and worship on everyone in that reality?

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Grew up Christian. Was always evidence-based. I needed proof for everything my whole life. Im a thinker.

I had friends I fell out with because of their new-age and satanist occult beliefs. Went through my "illuminati investigator" phase.

I was baptised before I graduated High School. Went to college. Was exposed to multiple different religions

Became agnostic. Went through REAL LIFE shyt. shyt I CANNOT TALK ABOUT ON THE COLI. IYKYK.

Now I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I can't preach or convince you any other way. This is my life's story. And the pages are still being written everyday