How come Christina Vidal aka "Taina" never blew up? She was supposed to be the next J.Lo

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Crazy how I almost forgot about that show but as soon as I seen the title, the song and everything came back to me.

I didn’t really like the show but for some reason I’d still watch it. Probably just because I’d watch a decent amount of Nickelodeon growing up...

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I used to watch this as a jit on Sunday soley for her :russ: It wasn't a bad show, either. Her grandpops in the show was wild. :dead: Her friend and the girl she used to beef with were both cute as hell, too. I first saw Christina on that Michael J Fox film she starred in. My aunt had it on tape and I'd watch it repeatedly because I was crushing so hard.

Edit:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Fun fact: Taina was one of Nickelodeon's highest-rated shows at the time, but they unceremoniously canceled it because they thought it was only appealing to girls.
That's crazy because most kids shows nowadays are geared towards girls.

I'd say the early to mid 2000's is when that shift happened with Lizzie McGuire, Hanna Montana, Zoey 101 etc.

Last edited:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I don't know her but "she was going to be the next J Lo" should answer your question.

Talent will always be of value. A woman that can pass as white with a fat ass is no longer a novelty.