How come Eminem is so popular in Africa?

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eminem was also the most successful artist in the US 2010-2019, people including me were definitely expecting Drake or something.

So one thing you have to consider is that, 1. It’s the machine they exist in the same constellation as here, 2. He’s globally the most successful 3. Africa is like 53 countries with a million languages, English and French are the most widely spoken including like 2nd, 3rd and 4th languages 5. The skewness of streaming services in Africa. Who are the people with streaming services? Seeing an Arab as #1, but no Davido, you could assume that this is mainly like Algeria/Morocco/Egypt. Deeper is a French service, perhaps this is what is hot in the Arab French colonies but not sub-Sahara.

This is mainly Arab Africa and South Africa.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Eminem was also the most successful artist in the US 2010-2019, people including me were definitely expecting Drake or something.

So one thing you have to consider is that, 1. It’s the machine they exist in the same constellation as here, 2. He’s globally the most successful 3. Africa is like 53 countries with a million languages, so the major languages shall top

most importantly
5. The skewness of streaming services in Africa. Who are the people with streaming services? Seeing an Arab as #1 And see real other Arabs, but no Davido, you could assume that this is mainly like Algeria/Morocco/Egypt. Deezer is a French service, perhaps this is what is hot in the Arab French colonies but not sub-Sahara.
Yes, the names on the list point to it being clearly skewed by a number of factors.

I made a thread recently about a Billboard magazine(May 2020) cover story about Afrobeats. That none of the artists featured (or mentioned) in the article appear on the list immediately raised suspicion about how valid it was.

Any of you who haven't checked it out, peep it. Very interesting.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/billboard-cover-story-about-afrobeats-5-23-20.781609/

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Where is that from???

I HIGHLY doubt this is accurate with the lack of afro-beat artists on there//

Edit* Billie Ellish:hhh:..yall gotta be joking..