How come marksmen are looked at as punks compared to dudes who are skilled in hand to hand combat?

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if there's any amount of athletic activity involved, i'd be down. i think you think i consider marksmen to be punks. all i'm saying is that takes more physicality when engaging in hand to hand than shooting, that's an obvious factor...:francis:

Highly skilled marksmanship takes a lot of discipline. It's apples and oranges really. It's like saying being a running back is harder than qbing.

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
So having a gun makes you bulletproof?:ohhh:
no, but it definitely evens the playing field instead of thinking you're gonna jean claude van dam your way out of everything, i dont know how long we have to walk around unarmed to figure this out
we gettin mowed down and we have heavy arms pointed at us everyday and nikkas still on some "you gots to knuckle up lik a man, so u liv, liiiiivvv to fight anotha day" bullshyt

fighting is a great discipline to learn but it's not getting you anywhere past a street tussle out here in the real world

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
no, but it definitely evens the playing field instead of thinking you're gonna jean claude van dam your way out of everything, i dont know how long we have to walk around unarmed to figure this out
we gettin mowed down and we have heavy arms pointed at us everyday and nikkas still on some "you gots to knuckle up lik a man, so u liv, liiiiivvv to fight anotha day" bullshyt

fighting is a great discipline to learn but it's not getting you anywhere past a street tussle out here in the real world
You missed my point. I was stating that hand to hand is needed as well because guns won't always work, plus you won't always have your gun on you. Say someone manages to close the distance on you before you can pull your gun, then what? Not everyone is on some special forces quick draw shyt. Why else do you think they teach hand to hand in the armed forces and law enforcement? They know using your gun isn't the end all be all of confrontations.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
:patrice:Why is that?These dudes go to the gun range and work on their craft perfecting their aim, reload time,body mechanics and breath control. It's not like you buy a gun and then that's it. You have to have at least have some basic understanding of firearms, to use one. And I don't care how many Brazilian Muay Boxing Judo MMA Taekwondo lessons a person takes, a bullet penetrating itself through yo throat shuts all that shyt down (word to Bruce Lee son).If shooters are punks , What are archers ? :whoa: I ain't saying learning hand to hand combat is useless. To be honest I think it's essential but I don't understand why marksmen are looked at as punks. I know people say anyone "can pull a trigger" well anyone can get lucky and land a punch/kick in the right spot and Ko they opponent.

But with the ko punch both fighters are toe to toe with a equal chance of being victim to the "lucky" hit.

Sniping from a distance is strategic....but i can also see how it was looked down upon at one point.

Im shooting at you from a distance where you cant hit me, and probably cant see me

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
But with the ko punch both fighters are toe to toe with a equal chance of being victim to the "lucky" hit.

Sniping from a distance is strategic....but i can also see how it was looked down upon at one point.

Im shooting at you from a distance where you cant hit me, and probably cant see me
I get your point.What are your thoughts on a shooter vs another shooter. Let's say both dudes are have a pistol.Are both men cowards in this scenario.?

Miss Lucifer's Love

she's the devil and i like it
Daps
One puts you in more direct danger, requiring less "punkness." I guess it's the whole, "a real man/woman squares up" thing.

I personally respect people who fight with their hands more than people who fight with guns. Needing a gun tells me that you can't fight and you're scared to take your lumps. But I'm talking about in everyday situations, not war or something.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Who looks at marksmen as punks?
The fukk? You gun lovers are idiots. You probably wouldn't even get a chance to pull it and if you did chances are them nikkas still got you outgunned. Live to fight another day. Waita few months and then enroll in math class.

Sit down and listen, junior. This is somewhat of a read..

.................When I was in my late 20s I was probably able to break a human being in half if I wanted to. And I don't mean break someone in half literally, of course, just an analogy to how empowered, physically fit, and confident as a man I (and most men) was at that age.....

But not you :mjlol:

The truth when it comes to you is that you're a coward(hence the lightning speed with which youre willing to hide behind a gun like a bytch), and it is fear that has you unwilling and unable to physically protect yourself. It's just sad that such a fear has taken over you before you've even hit 30 ............................................................................................................

Because if you are, with that naive of a mentality to think that you'll always be able to hide behind your gun like some little sissy-for-life ass fakkit, then you have had some serious arrested development along the way, growing up.

"But-b-b-b-but Im almost 30 I'm too old to be tusslin' if someone attacks me :mjcry: "

:mjlol: you sound like a bytch.

"But-b-b-b-but mah gun :mjcry:"

:mjlol: you REALLY sound like a bytch.
Some dude kicks me when I'm on the ground like that, pulling something out on him real quick. But then again I wouldn't talk shyt in twitter so :francis:
fukking coward :heh:

How many people you know beat someone to death barehanded?

Any coward can kill with a gun.

Not every person is man enough to knuckle up, and shoot the fade.

I respect a fighter more than a shooter. Fighting takes skills, shooting not so much. That's why so many people are killed accidentally by guns.
I'll find more quotes but I will admit it's mostly the MMA/Boxing crowd that say dumb shyt like this.

Last edited:

TheBeigeBomber

#Fukkery
Daps
as an amateur boxer guns are for pussies. the amount of military shooters weve seen who turn to straight pussies in the ring is hilarious. cowards without their guns and it shows in their actions.