How come the #MeToo movement took off with Weinstein and not Cosby?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Bill Cosby's sexual harrasment/rape controversy preceded Weinstein by three years. But, it was all said and done and moved on quickly.

But, Weinstein was the one that blew up.

I don't think it's race-related because it would be the other way around i.e.
Bill Cosby would be the one the movement would took off while Harvey Weinstein would be forgotten or even swept under the rug.

For the record, I do not support either men whom I think are sexual predators and monsters and I fully support the #MeToo movement. I'm just curious.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of them broads really had horror stories he gave them benadryl and made them nut. Harvey literally had 6 figure movie contracts in his hotel next to the lube and anal beads like

"Action"

:shaq:

Kyle Barker

Superstar
Daps
There were allegations between Cosby and Weinstein. It didn't start or "blow up" with Weinstein, and Cosby's case didn't "move on quickly". Weinstein's case is obviously bigger than most because of his position in Hollywood, but the dominos started to fall even before him and #metoo.

article-frontcover-0727.jpg
cosby-rape-victims.jpg

Daps
most of Cosby alleged victims were washed up whores talking shyt from the 70s. Weinstein was raping rich and famous white women and was recent.

This right here.

Cosby probably promised the women he'd "help" them out, but ended up smashing and dashing. None of them had the luck or talent to make it big.

Weinstein was messin with brauds that could win Oscars and Golden Globes...much bigger story.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
1. Hannibal Burress is the one who sparked Cosby movement....from what I remember, a white woman started the fire on Weinstein

2. Harvey was still hella active and trying to rape women when he went down....Cosby old ass don't even look like he can hear a door bell ring anymore

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Weinstein was raping famous actresses so they can get roles, which opened up a whole can of worms regarding the shyt some women have to do for employment. It just targeted a much deeper and prevalent issue.