How did "Behold The Pale Horse" become so reknown in the Black Community

Daps
Reppin
NULL
But again...the topic is about a popular book amongst the Black conscious community. U talking about something else now.

...understand what im saying carefully. Those books i listed were extremely popular...and then BAPH came after and took over, years after that came the other books you listed except for "The Prince" which i read in HS and was widely available.

Those books you have listed are the popular books as of the last 15 years. Before those books, the BCC went with those i listed as popular. Im not down playing your comments in anyway. I'm addressing the timelines of the BCC books. There are 10 other books that were go to as well in the late 80s and early 90s.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
...understand what im saying carefully. Those books i listed were extremely popular...and then BAPH came after and took over, years after that came the other books you listed except for "The Prince" which i read in HS and was widely available.

Those books you have listed are the popular books as of the last 15 years. Before those books, the BCC went with those i listed as popular. Im not down playing your comments in anyway. I'm addressing the timelines of the BCC books. There are 10 other books that were go to as well in the late 80s and early 90s.

In 1997 I worked in a bookstore run by a member of the NOI called Know Thyself bookstore...it was on 143rd and Amsterdam in Harlem....terrible location for such a store but thats were it was. I spoke about this on numerous occasions. So when the topic of what books were popular in the 90's Black "conscious" community pops up, I'm on it....My father was the one who was into alternative reading...he put me onto Malchi Z York. My pops was the one who was up on all that shyt that wasn't popular in mainstream...like buying the Amsterdam News, Final Call and listening ti LIBB radio.

......I'm not familiar with any of those books u mentioned. Thats why I brought up Bobby Hemmit cuz he's known for being into various books(as well as Valentine) Black Bookstores and venders usually had the likes of books like "makes me wanna holler", Native Son and Monster Kodys Autobio. These were the popular books along with the others I mentioned that u always saw in that mix...Not the ones u mentioned. If they were popping in the late 80's BCC ...I was too young and cant say but those books were not in that 90's mix along with Behold The Pale Horse.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
In 1997 I worked in a bookstore run by a member of the NOI called Know Thyself bookstore...it was on 143rd and Amsterdam in Harlem....terrible location for such a store but thats were it was. I spoke about this on numerous occasions. So when the topic of what books were popular in the 90's Black "conscious" community pops up, I'm on it....My father was the one who was into alternative reading...he put me onto Malchi Z York. My pops was the one who was up on all that shyt that wasn't popular in mainstream...like buying the Amsterdam News, Final Call and listening ti LIBB radio.

......I'm not familiar with any of those books u mentioned. Thats why I brought up Bobby Hemmit cuz he's known for being into various books(as well as Valentine) Black Bookstores and venders usually had the likes of books like "makes me wanna holler", Native Son and Monster Kodys Autobio. These were the popular books along with the others I mentioned that u always saw in that mix...Not the ones u mentioned. If they were popping in the late 80's BCC ...I was too young and cant say but those books were not in that 90's mix along with Behold The Pale Horse.

Most of the books I posted again were poppin around the late 70's and early 80's. Professor Griff first album in 1990 was named after William Guy Carr's book "Pawns in the Game" and it was one of the biggest influences in his career.