How did Greek people get so ripped thousands of years ago?

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
laokon.jpg

They did it without supplements or barbells and dumbbells yet they sculpted their people with perfect symmetry. Now i'm going to assume that a good amount of people had to have looked like that for them to sculpt them like that. These people invented wrestling and the olympics so i'm going to assume they invented training their bodies as well

If you sculpted people the way Americans look today there would be some sad statues indeed. What do you think their athletic training regimen and diet was like?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Men in that time period also averaged 5'4" in height, they used the soldiers for sculptures like that and they did a lot of physical work that would result in being in good shape :yeshrug:

Also, the physique was probably exaggerated, just like today but since today people look like mutants the exaggeration isn't noticeable.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
laokon.jpg

They did it without supplements or barbells and dumbbells yet they sculpted their people with perfect symmetry. Now i'm going to assume that a good amount of people had to have looked like that for them to sculpt them like that. These people invented wrestling and the olympics so i'm going to assume they invented training their bodies as well

If you sculpted people the way Americans look today there would be some sad statues indeed. What do you think their athletic training regimen and diet was like?

And how do you know what Greek people looked like thousands of years ago? Are there pictures? Historians say Greek rulers ordered their busts to look like an idealized version of themselves. In other words, it's unlikely the Greeks were musclebound fitness gods. With the exception of the Spartans, who were chosen for height and strength, the rest of the Greeks probably had the same sinewy muscle other peoples had from constant physical labor.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
ancient greek people and all ancient people for that matter would be much physically superior to current people. they didnt have desk jobs, they didnt drive around to get where they gotta go, they didnt come home from work and lounge out and watch tv.. they put their muscles to work in almost everything they did

back then physically enduring stuff was a requirement just to survive, plus stuff like meat was kinda more of a luxury food and fruits and veggies were much bigger in their diets

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
We just did the Greek Period in my college Art History class. Apparently the Greeks weren't as ripped as the sculptures made them out to be but because of their obsession with the male body. They made them look like they were ripped when they actually weren't, in short they were greatly exaggerated

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
So, you're thinking about dudes like Atlas? It was probably a slave or laborer who was involved in construction who was moving stone blocks on the daily. They used his body instead of a flabby and sick senator's body for these sculptures. Much like in today's society, the rich don't do hard labor. They employ the poor to do that.