How did the Hell In a Cell cage suddenly jump to being "20 feet high"?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Remember when Foley went off the cage at KOTR?

JR was like, "that cage is 15 feet high...."

This year once Shane jumped it's now, "he fell 20 feet off the cage"

C'mon WWE. We got dirt on you doggie :umad:

EDIT: I just read on Wikipedia that they made it bigger. So it really is 20 feet now Is this true? :ohhh:

I may have to stand corrected. :francis: Didn't mean to take away from Shane's GOATness

Daps
Reppin
LDN
They made the cell bigger in 2006, it genuinely is 20 feet

mainwwecom_crop_north.jpg

HIAC_10252015ej_2948JPG.jpg

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That new cell is garbage.
Yet, I think they cheapened it up to make the elimination chamber more intimidating.
When they need to make the hiac like the early cells with the shorter dimensions.

Art Barr

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they made the HIAC bigger when Big Show teamed up with the Mcmahons against DX and because of HD

it was smart move so big show could actually do moves inside the cage.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Remember when Foley went off the cage at KOTR?

JR was like, "that cage is 15 feet high...."

This year once Shane jumped it's now, "he fell 20 feet off the cage"

C'mon WWE. We got dirt on you doggie :umad:

EDIT: I just read on Wikipedia that they made it bigger. So it really is 20 feet now Is this true? :ohhh:

I may have to stand corrected. :francis: Didn't mean to take away from Shane's Foolishness
Fixed for accuracy :birdman:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
they made the HIAC bigger when Big Show teamed up with the Mcmahons against DX and because of HD

it was smart move so big show could actually do moves inside the cage.

Big Show being able to do moves in the cage was not a reason for the new cell. That doesn't even make sense. Do you think he couldn't fit in it before or something?

Reason for the new HIAC:

• The old cell was in shambles and needed to be replaced
  • It was thought the new cell would look better with new HD cameras
  • The added height was to train the audience to no longer expect bumps from the cell

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Big Show being able to do moves in the cage was not a reason for the new cell. That doesn't even make sense. Do you think he couldn't fit in it before or something?

Reason for the new HIAC:

• The added height was to train the audience to no longer expect bumps from the cell

ignored me saying because they shifted to HD

and HBK said in his match against undertaker when he was back dropped his feet was hitting the ceiling...
everyone could fit into the War Games cage and look how shytty a lot of the moves came off because of the height of the cage

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Reason for the new HIAC:

I agree with these points but was the old one really in shambles? They could have always just built that model again. I was of the impression that people not falling from it since 2000 had conditioned people not to expect it anymore.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I agree with these points but was the old one really in shambles? They could have always just built that model again. I was of the impression that people not falling from it since 2000 had conditioned people not to expect it anymore.

You would think they would have rebuilt it, yes, but they didn't. People didn't fall off the HIAC since 2000, but there had been multiple matches that went to the top of the cell. The new cell coincided with WWE trying to dial back their working style to something safer, and that was just another part of retraining the audience to NOT expect such crazy shyt from their talent.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You would think they would have rebuilt it, yes, but they didn't. People didn't fall off the HIAC since 2000, but there had been multiple matches that went to the top of the cell. The new cell coincided with WWE trying to dial back their working style to something safer, and that was just another part of retraining the audience to NOT expect such crazy shyt from their talent.
I guess. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I wasn't exactly expecting that from anyone besides maybe mick foley. From 2001 (no cell that year) through the last one with the old cage (vengeance 2005 Triple H vs Batista), we had Jericho vs triple h and they climbed up yes, but nobody fell. Brock vs undertaker didn't have anyone leave the cage, triple h vs Kevin Nash saw nobody leave the cage, HBK vs triple h had nobody leave the cage, and same goes for taker vs Orton as well as triple h vs Batista. Taker in 2004 and Brock in 2002 climbing up to flex on top of the cage after he match doesn't count. I can see the thought process though. The bill on point of the match from its inception was that nobody gets in or out. I think the big issue in the cage now is that it's too bright for my taste. I think that also makes it feel less intimidating.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
The original HIAC goes on for SO LONG. It's a half hour of Taker beating the shyt out of HBK. HBK has barely any offense the entire match. It's essentially a half hour squash with a run in finish in something that was made specifically to have no run ins possible.

llt23

All Star
Daps
The original HIAC goes on for SO LONG. It's a half hour of Taker beating the shyt out of HBK. HBK has barely any offense the entire match. It's essentially a half hour squash with a run in finish in something that was made specifically to have no run ins possible.

HBK piledrived Taker on the steel steps. Squash matches have those?