How do I get rid of this Cinavia BS on my SOny Blu Ray player!?!?!?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm trying to watch some movies and from time to time I get this error message that mutes the audio. There's no problem to it since it is continuous. Did research and found out this is a new way to "stop" bootlegging. I've searched and found nothing that didn't involve having to pay for some sort of cleaner file. Does anyone know a way to get rid of it? I just wanna watch in peace. :9

I answered this in another thread about bypassing Cinavia on the PS3. It should work the same on a Sony Blu-ray player.

There are 2 ways to bypass cineavia copy protection on the PS3.

But 1st I highly recommend you download 3 different programs to your PC:

A. MKVToolnix/mkvmerge GUI
B. tsMuxeR
C. mkv2vob (make sure you download version 2.4.7, the newer versions have issues that have never been fixed)

1. Remux the Blu-ray rip video with the DVDRip audio version of the film using mkvmerge GUI or tsMuxeR . Most of the Blu-ray films that have cinavia copy protection don't have it on the DVD version. For a full list of Blu-rays & DVDs releases that have Cineavia: Cinavia protection « DVDFab Blog|Dedicated to provide the best DVD Copy, Blu-ray Copy, DVD Ripper and Blu-ray Ripper.

For the 2nd way to work, you're PS3 & TV needs to be hooked up to an external 5.1/7.1 audio system. You also need to set the PS3 to output the audio Bitstream instead of PCM.

2. Embed DTS audio track in a PCM track using mkv2vob. When you remux a .mkv file with a DTS track with mkv2vob, it will patch the DTS audio Track into a PCM track. The Cineavia infected DTS Track will be hidden inside the PCM Track & the PS3 will only be able to see an empty PCM audio track & you will only be to hear a LOUD hissing sound if you try to play the audio through your TV speakers. But if you bitstream output the audio to your external 5.1/7.1 audio system, it will see there is a DTS track inside and decode it correctly.

http://www.the-coli.com/arcadium/43...t-protection-ps3-post1568576.html#post1568576

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
hdmi video card on a laptop or pc, i dont deal with that bs anymore
Exactly using a console to watch media files on a tv is outdated anyway. Any decent video card will have hdmi out on it. I moved my pc to hook it up to a 42 inch tv and that's the monitor now.

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
I just hit this wall for the very first time in my life

Was watching the Raid 2 on my new Sony bluray player then it went mute and hit me with the "Audio outputs temporally muted, do not adjust the playback volume. the content being played is protected bu Cinavaia and is not authorized for playback on this deice"

:mjcry:

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love my Sony blu ray players and ps3's but they're the worst for copyright protection. Sometimes I wish I would've gotten a Samsung. Couldn't even mirror showbox on them the last time I tried.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Can't stand when I run into them shyts. Usually I just wait a while and look for a different download of the same film.

if I see ANY film that's distributed by sony or colombia pictures, I just don't download it then. you ain't getting around cinavia.

my samsung smartv will play ANY video file however if I hook up a USB or external HDD.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
if I see ANY film that's distributed by sony or colombia pictures, I just don't download it then. you ain't getting around cinavia.

my samsung smartv will play ANY video file however if I hook up a USB or external HDD.

I thought that Cinavia shyt was done with.... :skip: