How do y’all deal with having to sit down for a minute?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m down for a couple wks minimum of no activity after arthroscopic on my knee. Already feeling the :flabbynsick: overtake me, and imma have an uphill battle getting back in shape when I get back. They said it’s 4 to 6 wks before I should be 100%. And it’s lowkey depressing barely even being able to crutch around when I’m used to regularly working out.

I know it’s some brehs/brehettes here who have been through worse, so how did y’all deal with it? This is the first “real” surgery I’ve ever had :francis: :to:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I was down and out for 2 months back in January with no one to help me. Maintaining a positive mind state is the number one thing you should do. For me, I started following accounts on IG of people that had knee surgery and looked at their recovery stories. That kept me hopeful that I could bounce back from this shyt too.

Number 2 is diet. Since I could barely get around on crutches that automatically cut out drinking for me. But you gotta really watch what you eat since you can't really burn off any calories. At 1st I could hobble to my car and the McD's drive thru and lived off of that for a while. As soon as I could walk without crutches I hit the grocery store and tightened up what I was eating. That kept me from gaining any weight. As a matter of fact I lost weight even though I couldn't work out.

You'll have your good days and bad days but in the end you'll realize it's only a temporary setback. Good luck breh.