how do you decide to killl/let your mom die.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Me and my great cousin are at the hospital where my grand aunt (her mom) is in the ICU. Been here all morning. She's 90 and has terminal cancer in her lungs. Something like that. I'm no doctor so don't quote me on the shyt.

Anyway, she's been in there for a week and is being pretty much kept alive by the breathing tube that's down in her throat.

Thing is she's conscious. Now back to my question: how do you look at your own mom who's conscious (tho barely) and decide when to pull the plug on the only thing keeping her alive?

I mean... I understand the part about not wanting to prolong a loved one's suffering but it's a bit easier to do it when they are unconscious. Not as easy when you are looking then in the eye

Pardon any typos. On mobile

Last edited:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Me and my great cousin are at the hospital where my grand aunt is in the ICU. Been here all morning. She's 90 and has terminal cancer in her lungs. Something like that. I'm no doctor so don't quote me on the shyt.

Anyway, she's been in there for a week and is being pretty much kept alive by the breathing tube that's down in her throat.

Thing is she's conscious. Now back to my question: how do you look at your own mom who's conscious (tho barely) and decide when to pull the plug on the only thing keeping her alive?

I mean... I understand the part about not wanting to prolong a loved one's suffering but it's a bit easier to do it when they are unconscious. Not as easy when you are looking then in the eye

Pardon any typos. On mobile
Hope the family stays strong during this rough period.

Does your great aunt have instructions on what to do in this situation? DNR?

I personally would not want to see my mom suffer.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
If it's time for her to go then it's time for her to go :yeshrug: I'd rather see her go than suffer

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Wow, I can't believe it. I've been in the hospital for over a week and I'm in the same situation. My mom has been battling ovarian cancer for a year but unfortunately it's time. Her heart stopped and has been restarted 4 times and she has irreparable brain damage.

My mother was a proud woman and sharp, she wanted to live and she fought for every breath she took, but her fight is over now and we're freeing her tomorrow. I don't know if there is a god, but my mother was a Christian woman and I hope for her there is one.