how do you decide to killl/let your mom die.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm glad I know Moms real well to know what to do in this situation, plus, she told me. Moms do no play that pain and suffering shyt. She told me if she was ever in a situation like that to pull the plug. I told her to do the same thing if it was me, but let me fight for like a week cause a nikka feel like he can overcome anything, including death:mjlol:

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Wow, I can't believe it. I've been in the hospital for over a week and I'm in the same situation. My mom has been battling ovarian cancer for a year but unfortunately it's time. Her heart stopped and has been restarted 4 times and she has irreparable brain damage.

My mother was a proud woman and sharp, she wanted to live and she fought for every breath she took, but her fight is over now and we're freeing her tomorrow. I don't know if there is a god, but my mother was a Christian woman and I hope for her there is one.

There is my man, and your Mom will never feel anymore of these pains that come in this life. I'll be praying for you and op families for strength

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I'm glad I know Moms real well to know what to do in this situation, plus, she told me. Moms do no play that pain and suffering shyt. She told me if she was ever in a situation like that to pull the plug. I told her to do the same thing if it was me, but let me fight for like a week cause a nikka feel like he can overcome anything, including death:mjlol:

Do you want her to blast your favorite inspirational song during that week, so you subconsciously hear it?

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Normally when they pull the plug they will administer a heavy dosage of something such as morphine so she just closes her eyes and passes away peacefully. She's 90 with terminal cancer brah. My condolences

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think about it like this quality of life and likelihood of recovery and having a decent quality of life.

would you want to live like that? especially when your quality of life is so low?

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Do you want her to blast your favorite inspirational song during that week, so you subconsciously hear it?

I feel like it don't even matter. I think you are probably out of body during a state like that. I've had out of body experiences before and I really feel like that's what happens when you die or are in a near death state. It used to be this show called I almost died or something and people would be telling stories of near near experiences and they all would describe some out of body shyt. The main difference between theirs and mines would be that a lot of them would have some type of religious experience where they met God or some powerful being.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
If she's conscious and sane, I'll heed her wishes.

shyt would be extremely hard regardless. :mjcry:

Condoncoles OP. Difficult decision ahead. :to:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Thanks brehs. She passed around 4:59 on saturday.

I mean... She was 90 and we were all prepared for it. She was a woman of faith and lived a good life aving lived in 4 different countries, married for 40+ years and bearing 2 children. She wasnt my favorite aunt but she was good peoples overall. I'll be lucky to reach 90.

R.I.P. Fania

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Me and my great cousin are at the hospital where my grand aunt (her mom) is in the ICU. Been here all morning. She's 90 and has terminal cancer in her lungs. Something like that. I'm no doctor so don't quote me on the shyt.

Anyway, she's been in there for a week and is being pretty much kept alive by the breathing tube that's down in her throat.

Thing is she's conscious. Now back to my question: how do you look at your own mom who's conscious (tho barely) and decide when to pull the plug on the only thing keeping her alive?

I mean... I understand the part about not wanting to prolong a loved one's suffering but it's a bit easier to do it when they are unconscious. Not as easy when you are looking then in the eye

Pardon any typos. On mobile
Look at the costs on your living life and make an executive decision.

90 years old.

She lived a good life