How do you dress fly without blowing all your money?

tater

Superstar
Daps
But a few high quality pieces that are interchangeable. The style of dress you referenced is a classic style, not much faddish trash so you can probably find good pieces at the thrift store.

You in Chicago?

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Do some research, but first and foremost you have to get your shoe game proper.

Most of these dudes just copy off pinetrest and dont know about what they are wearing, material wise, and construction are important. You gonna have to set aside some funds for a pair of shoes. You can go lower end with a shoe like Allen-Edmonds $300 or go all out on a pair from Alden $500-$700. The reason you shouldn't mess with cheap Macy's dress shoes is because they aren't stitched. You need a Blake stich or Goodyear welt construction for a shoe to last a long time. As well as have solid materials. Cheap shoes have low quality leather that doesn't flex so when you are wearing thin socks you feel it on your ankle and heel and they crack sooner even with polish. Also cheap shoes aren't cost effective to be re-soled at a cobbler if they can be at all.

Hit up thrift stores and look for specific brands and actual stitching on the shoe and also learn how to buff and polish a shoe. I've seen old cats that knew about shoe game with shoes that they've had for over 20 years so if you spend the money now and have the shoe for that long you are coming out ahead. It's not like sneakers when stuff goes in and out of fashion rapidly.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
In all seriousness to help the breh..... to the homies thats over there shytting on the picture.

How about yall provide some pics of what "yall" like or think is fly.

Its not cool to shyt on something but then not provide examples, that just only make you look like miserable haters (no shots):hubie:

But atleast just provide something:patrice:

@Wanya Morris see if this helps you breh

Martha

Reno89

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
You can hit up pretty much any spot.

I would recommend K&G, Burlington Coat Factory, and Marshalls. Get you some shirts and some pants that you like, then go get them tailored to fit you. Make sure to get pants in as many colors as possible for diversity in your wardrobe. Same with shoes.

The key to a good wardrobe is their ability to mix and match. The reason why people pay so much for designer clothing, cuz they're basically counting on designers to know what they're doing in order to make the customer look good. Reputation is key. The customer knows that is soon as they put the clothes on, they're going to automatically look good.

If you know what you're doing, you'll never have to pay designer prices, yet still have broads complimenting and choosing up on you.

BTW. I would also go online and get me at least three good Blazers, and two peacoats in different colors

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I'm tryna dress like this 24/7

Give me some tips brehs, I wanna get dapper but without spending a stack every month on clothes

So the first thing you want to do is only shop at places you can afford. If you are on an Old Navy budget do not go to Macy’s because you can make an old navy outfit look very sharp and sleek. I’m going to assume that you’re looking to migrateto a Smart Casual look and if so you need to focus on:

Fit - The modern look is fitted...this goes for pants, shirts, and coats. In Exhibit A below, you will see that the clothing fits the person, there is no excess material, no bagginess, and it helps create a clean svelte profile.

Shoes - The type of shoes you have on will complete change an outfit. In Exhibit B, you have the same exact outfit but one with sneakers and one with boots, the boots totally changed the outfit. A nice oxford or boot can tun an outfit from something casual to something sophisticated. Look at the shoe selections im Exhibit A as well...the first photo of the man in the gray blazer is a great example. If he had on tennis shoes his outfit would look mundane but his boots help finish off his dapper smart casual look.

Color - When first beginning only buy neutral colors for the most expensive garments like Pants, Blazers, and etc. You can wear a Black, Navy, or Gray blazer every day with a different shirt and no one would notice. For the low cost items like shirts and sweaters you can begin to experiment and buy the accent colors that will compliment your neutrals.

I don’t have a lot of time to do a deep dive but I hope this helps.

Exhibit A

blazer-hoodie-skinny-jeans-large-23510.jpg
blazer-dress-shirt-skinny-jeans-large-3842.jpg
mens-casual-outfit-Ideas-for-Summer-6.jpg

chinos_883883fa-4bd5-11e5-a8da-005056b4648e.jpg

Exhibit B

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0382-2.jpg

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
There isn't one good outfit in the picture. Style is corny, they're trying too hard, and don't look like they know what they're doing.
Only homie with the dumbass scarf in the middle actually looks like he knows what he’s doing.

Everyone else actually look like they just went to Burlingtons and thats it
Coli not fukking with young black men in suits :mjpls: but vouch for clown shyt like this

Nah this shyt is trash too

P90

Automatic Ultra Reflex
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk where I’m from / Bahston where I’m at
By knowing when to spend a lot of money and when not to...spend on shoes, like Allen Edmonds. If you get shoe trees, oil regularly, polish occasionally, and don’t wear them 2 days in a row they’ll last YEARS. J. Crew blazers and suits reasonable and tailor up well. Everything else is about proper fit, brand matters less.

Salute for wanting to look polished:salute:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
+
Coli not fukking with young black men in suits :mjpls: but vouch for clown shyt like this

He looks like a lesbian with bad taste. We not clowning the idea behind the group photo in the OP, just the execution.

Lot of them tried to do too much with different colors and pieces. Sometimes less is more

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
So the first thing you want to do is only shop at places you can afford. If you are on an Old Navy budget do not go to Macy’s because you can make an old navy outfit look very sharp and sleek. I’m going to assume that you’re looking to migrateto a Smart Casual look and if so you need to focus on:

Fit - The modern look is fitted...this goes for pants, shirts, and coats. In Exhibit A below, you will see that the clothing fits the person, there is no excess material, no bagginess, and it helps create a clean svelte profile.

Shoes - The type of shoes you have on will complete change an outfit. In Exhibit B, you have the same exact outfit but one with sneakers and one with boots, the boots totally changed the outfit. A nice oxford or boot can tun an outfit from something casual to something sophisticated. Look at the shoe selections im Exhibit A as well...the first photo of the man in the gray blazer is a great example. If he had on tennis shoes his outfit would look mundane but his boots help finish off his dapper smart casual look.

Color - When first beginning only buy neutral colors for the most expensive garments like Pants, Blazers, and etc. You can wear a Black, Navy, or Gray blazer every day with a different shirt and no one would notice. For the low cost items like shirts and sweaters you can begin to experiment and buy the accent colors that will compliment your neutrals.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0382-2.jpg

Good stuff but also important to remember that everyone can't pull off every look.

I think a lot of people chase trends and styles that don't suit them and end up looking stupid as fukk

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0382-2.jpg

Horrible :beli: