How do you feel about black kids seeing black families traveling the world?

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I ask because that is the premise of my wife's children's book series. It follows my family as we go on adventures around the world with REAL WORLD activities and locations. None of the dragons and unicorn crap.

My wife thought the niche wasn't promoted enough in the popular media.

You can check out some of it below.

EybKawF.jpg

9zi7naB.jpg

3H0cY1h.jpg

XzSq5m0.jpg

WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE PUBLIC NARRATIVE?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
8 and under, not as simple as a toddler book and comes with historical notes at the end.

OK thanks. Will check your books out during holiday season for gift giving.

Not sure if Travel agencies still exist anymore, but if you know of any Black owned travel agencies in your area, you might want to promote/sell your books there. Maybe have promo posters there.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I thought you were talking about a travelogue tv series with a black host instead of your typical white person.
Why I like Man Fire Food, with my boy Roger Mooking over bizarre foods and etc.

That said do you, if can build characters and a narrative that will hook kids to see the next adventure I think you might have an unexploited market to tap into.

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
I'd definitely be interested in following up with this. This is actually what I've been working on doing with my own children (the travelling part). To see a book about another black family doing it gets me excited. Are there books already available?

Daps
I think that it's awesome. We need more media and images encouraging our youth to go out and explore the world, and encouraging them to travel. Black images of of blacks taking on the world. There are many black kids who never even leave their city block. Some adults could benefit from this as well.

Promote this on social media and in art circles. Children's books are top sellers, so this will be very profitable.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
I think it's dope. My cousin thought about this a while back and glad someone brought it to fruition. Think its a good way for those without access to travel to explore the world through a Black lens and opens the imagination. Same way children wanted to go to college after watching A Different World, it was relatable and attainable.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'd definitely be interested in following up with this. This is actually what I've been working on doing with my own children (the travelling part). To see a book about another black family doing it gets me excited. Are there books already available?
not yet. We will be launching a kickstarter next week which guarantees issue 1 being delivered before christmas.