How do you feel about black kids seeing black families traveling the world?

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is too cute! I think this is an excellent idea! This would definitely get more black families comfortable with the idea of traveling. I support it!

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Very cool idea and drawings. Important too. I'm kind of weary of the first pic tho, the whole africa = wild animals/safari image. That's the cliché already circulating in the western wolrd (when it's not poverty/aids/wars)

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Very cool idea and drawings. Important too. I'm kind of weary of the first pic tho, the whole africa = wild animals/safari image. That's the cliché already circulating in the western wolrd (when it's not poverty/aids/wars)

its a kids book and the first one of the series. animals + kids = sales. Its pandering 101. As you can see we clearly make sure South Africa is represented in its glory.

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
its a kids book and the first one of the series. animals + kids = sales. Its pandering 101. As you can see we clearly make sure South Africa is represented in its glory.

Yeah I understand that business-wise it's good in a Western environment...as an African I'm just more cautious about that stuff, it is what it is:yeshrug:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
It’s great and kids need to see it. Representation is important. So many Black people brush of things being for other people just because they have never seen a Black person do it.

Plant that seed early. Even better it’s takig place in Africa.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
This is really cool....I been working on a webseries teaching kids of color about technology...

It would be dope if you make it somewhat historical when showing a country with significant history like South Africa...

Like you can talk abut apartheid on a level a kid would understand...

Or if you go to France....you can talk about the French Revolution...

And when going to see Costa Rican jungles...talk about the animals and the environment

Teach kids he basics of different languages according to the country

It would be like teachings kids about the world they live in...

Last edited:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I'm waiting on the cartoon series/ movie!

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Its a great idea because at a young age children have very impressionable minds.