How does Nas have a reputation of a bad ear for beats, but also got Illmatic under his belt?

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vlad only going by what everyone else is saying. He not no damn influential like that

IWW was criticized for production and its been like that ever since for nas. To this day his stans talk about his beats more than his bars. 1000% facts
IWW was criticized for being commercial...and that was only by the geeks who write in magazines...on the street everybody loved IWW.

Idk why I'm actually being serious with you about a Nas topic, lol, you can't be taken seriously, you're a pure Nas hater. I fux with you, I respect it, it's fun...but yeah, I aint talking seriously with you champ, lol, I'm not trollable

Nas do got madd ass beats tho, lol. Got great beats too. More good than bad, like 70% good, 30% mid to ass. Vlad acts like it's 85% trash, stop.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Nobody care about Em outside his first 3 except cacs

Yall nas stans always try to group other people in his pathetic beat selection. Rappers have rhymed over more jay z picked beats than any other rapper. So stop it

Lmao that's what your measuring Jay's ENTIRE beat selection by? How many people have freed to his beats? Yeah a couple of the famous ones not EVERY beat. Who the fukk is freestyling over 30 Something, Anything and Hollywood? :mjlol: Yeah all the rappers today can't wait to get on the radio and hop on What They Gonna Do and The Bounce....the fukk are you talking about

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It was an overblown narrative and was just another way for people to say they wanted the Illmatic producers.
He packed that shyt up with the Hit Boy run

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Lmao that's what your measuring Jay's ENTIRE beat selection by? How many people have freed to his beats? Yeah a couple of the famous ones not EVERY beat. Who the fukk is freestyling over 30 Something, Anything and Hollywood? :mjlol: Yeah all the rappers today can't wait to get on the radio and hop on What They Gonna Do and The Bounce....the fukk are you talking about
No shyt. But no rapper has had more beats rhymed over than Jay.

Btw
Uncle murda obie trice and some other freestyled to 30 something

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
IWW was criticized for being commercial...and that was only by the geeks who write in magazines...on the street everybody loved IWW.

Idk why I'm actually being serious with you about a Nas topic, lol, you can't be taken seriously, you're a pure Nas hater. I fux with you, I respect it, it's fun...but yeah, I aint talking seriously with you champ, lol, I'm not trollable

Nas do got madd ass beats tho, lol. Got great beats too. More good than bad, like 70% good, 30% mid to ass. Vlad acts like it's 85% trash, stop.
Never said anything about IWW quailty. I said his production was critized since. After IWW he be shooting like 60% (being generous) with his beat picking. Thats not good at all. And i hate to say this but that hitboy shyt aint change nothing lol

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
All I know is i can post dozens of rappers with legit fanbases freestyling to jay beats more than any other rapper.

Ok but that still doesn't say anything about his beat selection from album to album. Pretty much every Nas fan in here has concurred he's picked some bad beats, can you do the same for Jay?

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Nobody care about Em outside his first 3 except cacs

Yall nas stans always try to group other people in his pathetic beat selection. Rappers have rhymed over more jay z picked beats than any other rapper. So stop it

Its a reason why Nas has not had a hit in 22 years his beats are mid 60% of his albums
yeah,, but his timbaland produced era is cringe as fuhk..

Imagine playing Hey Papi loud in your car #cringe

Lobster and Scrimp

Dirt off your shoulder

etc...

They got bout 3 that lasted time

Come and Get Me
nikka what
Snoopy track maybe

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I never understood about how everyone complains about the beats in Nas' music. Guess these weirdos only want modern production with synths. He has live production on some of his music too.