How many grams of protein a day should I eat to bulk?

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
Help me out brehs :mjcry:

I'm 31, 5'2 and weigh about 130 pounds.

How much grams of protein should I eat daily to bulk? I've heard it's something like 1.75 grams for each pound of current body weight.

:feedme:

Also what are cheap foods I can buy that contain a lot of protein?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
basically you need 1 gram of protein for every pound. So you looking at about 130 grams a day spread through out the day.

What are you trying to do? Bulk? If so your just going to have to eat more, you'll gain more weight and more muscle... then you can cut back while keeping that protein intake about the same.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
basically you need 1 gram of protein for every pound. So you looking at about 130 grams a day spread through out the day.

What are you trying to do? Bulk? If so your just going to have to eat more, you'll gain more weight and more muscle... then you can cut back while keeping that protein intake about the same.

Gotta cosign this. I didn't see a difference in gains when I dropped from 1.5x to 1x protein.

Daps
Reppin
Toronto

How much grams of protein should I eat daily to bulk? I've heard it's something like 1.75 grams for each pound of current body weight.

Based on the stats you posted, if you want a numerical figure to work with to gain muscle/bulk you numbers would be.
CARBS: 264 G PER DAY.
PROTEIN: 176 G PER DAY.
FATS: 65 G PER DAY.

Also something low cost with lots of protein would be chicken I say.
I personally do not believe in or take protein shakes but when you're trying to hit a particular figure you should be able to find a couple that will help you hut your protein goal easily.

WuDatWuDat

All Star
Daps
It's really .8 grams per pound. It's the exact opposite.people in real life consume too much protein, most of which isn't fully absorbed

Yep. I've found that there isn't much difference in consuming .8 grams and 2 grams per pound. Got all those supplement companies spreading misinformation to get you to buy their product.

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
I've gone up from a size 26 to 28 waist for my pants in 2 months :salute:i'm looking to ramp up my gainz though.

My diet has mainly been chicken breasts, steak, fish and oatmeal. I think I need to balance my meals more.

Good looking out on the tips so far:salute:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
the high protein intake is definitely BS. i started my diet at 1 - 1.3 protein per pound then dropped it to .6 - .8 and noticed no drop off or anything different. maybe when you're cutting it'll be good to boost the protein intake up just so you get the calories from somewhere else besides carbs.

i would put vitamins, minerals and resting above protein intake when it comes to making gains. having to consume all of that protein was a chore too.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Resting is a huge thing that people overlook. Sometimes you need that weekend of straight up rest and sleep. Sometimes taking that week off to let your body heal and recover lets you better assess where you've made progress much more than constantly pushing your body doing the same thing over and over month after month with no breaks.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
The short cut to bulking is taking creatine. I went from about your size to 180lbs taking creatine and lifting. I looked bloated as shyt with all the water weight but nikkas can't see that when you have clothes on (maybe in your face they will). You can always cut once you have the bulk too.

I'm trying to cut now by lifting and eating lean while increasing my protein

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
I agree to an extent with the others on the excessive protein tip. Especially if you're bulking. High carbs, moderate to low protein, moderate fat for bulking.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Its ~1 gram per kilogram, any more and youre gonna be shyttin protein bars

Ive never in my life ate no damn 1 per pound bodyweight and haven't met many people that did. I stay around 270 and I can bulk easily with less than 200 grams. I wouldn't even try to eat 270 grams of protein

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps

You was dealt a bad hand my G.