How many HIT songs that came out the past 5-6 years will still get play 25 years from now?

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Cam'ron, DMX, Juvie, Ja Rule, Mike Jones have classic songs from 10-15 years ago.

You can never tell. This music might not mean anything to you but it's the soundtrack of people's lives. Puffy can sell out MSG playing all those bubblegum tracks people claimed to have hated in the 90's.

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
March Madness
Hello
Work
Drunk in Love
These Hoes Aint Loyal

Are the only classics I can think of right now
kobev_zps526349fa.gif

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
None that are really good or important, just ones that are catchy

This. Nothing mentioned in this thread has any type of soul or feeling maybe except for Hello. Nothing has any type of message or social commentary.

This is the microwave, copy & paste era where everything soundrp the same, so i dont see any rap

Hello & Happy is pretty much all i can think of. Those 2 songs makes people FEEL something.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I think some of the stuff from like Adele will be played for decades.

I can't think of any rap songs other than some of the Kanye and Jay Z stuff that will still get some air time years from now.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime:

While we're at it what will be the winning numbers for tonights Mega Millions?

Dudes in here really think that urban sh*t will be rocking in 25 years??

News Flash: urban music is disposable....U can hear U2, Tears For Fears, Cyndi Lauper and Pink Floyd on the radio everyday but u dont here none of that 80's Hip Hop on the radio everyday. Why? Because urban music is disposable.

U dont here no Sisqo nor 112 nor D'angelo on the radio like that and they were big during their time....U a fool if u think some of these urban hits out now will be rocking like that in 25 years.

Last edited: