How many HIT songs that came out the past 5-6 years will still get play 25 years from now?

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
:stopitslime:

News Flash: urban music is disposable....U can hear U2, Tears For Fears, Cyndi Lauper and Pink Floyd on the radio everyday but u dont here none of that 80's Hip Hop on the radio everyday. Why? Because urban music is disposable.

U dont here no Sisqo nor 112 nor D'angelo on the radio like that and they were big during their time....U a fool if u think some of these urban hits out now will be rocking like that in 25 years.

Man what kind of bullshyt is this? Out here in San Diego we have a station that centers on 'throwbacks' and older hip hop n R&B, and its one of the most popular stations in the market.

Here is the current playlist right this minute:

Read more: Listen to the Latest Music Playlists from 95.7 KISS | 95.7 KISS

Just speak out whatever backwards market you're fukkin with, and your particular tastes in stations you prefer if you dont appreciate hip hop music. Your post was completely unnecessary, on top of being dead ass wrong.

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
This. Nothing mentioned in this thread has any type of soul or feeling maybe except for Hello. .
Nah, it's a copy of the original. It will be forgotten and Lionel Ritchie's original authentic version will live forever.

Well sucks for you
No, it sucks for you. None of today's music has staying power. It's all trash.​

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Nah, it's a copy of the original. It will be forgotten and Lionel Ritchie's original authentic version will live forever.

No, it sucks for you. None of today's music has staying power. It's all trash.​

Well when you have the platte of a teenybopper such as yourself this is a problem, but not for me.

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
Well when you have the platte of a teenybopper such as yourself this is a problem, but not for me.

Today's music is sub-teenybopper status, fool. If you prefer today's shyt over the classics, you lost. It will not stand the test of time.

Have fun w your shyt music while I enjoy Al, Barry and Luther :win:

Adele's "Hello" is not a cover of Lionel Richie's "Hello." They're two different songs. :what:
The part where she says Hello is a copy. fukk that song.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
It's the best of all the Khaled singles. All I Do Is Win will also be played forever after teams win a game at home.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Today's music is sub-teenybopper status, fool. If you prefer today's shyt over the classics, you lost. It will not stand the test of time.

Have fun w your shyt music while I enjoy Al, Barry and Luther :win:

The part where she says Hello is a copy. fukk that song.

And this why I don't argue with people like you, because you're so clouded by nostalgia you fail to realize you can like both, cornball. :bryan:

I'll leave you with this.

“There’s a scene that’s happening, kind of an underground movement that’s given partially to a connection to jazz or a new form of jazz. It’s very difficult to define because what’s involved is very often hip-hop and rap and electronics and jazz elements, classical elements. it’s pretty broad-based, very open. It touches on the experimental while at the same time touches on the street. So I’m very intrigued. I feel I have something that I might be able to kind of bring along and add a little bit to the sauce with a lot of these young voices, so let’s see what we come up with.”- Herbie Hancock Oct 2015.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Man what kind of bullshyt is this? Out here in San Diego we have a station that centers on 'throwbacks' and older hip hop n R&B, and its one of the most popular stations in the market.

Just speak out whatever backwards market you're fukkin with, and your particular tastes in stations you prefer if you dont appreciate hip hop music. Your post was completely unnecessary, on top of being dead ass wrong.

Nah, he was right.

Every market has something like what you describe here. The difference is, it's a niche.

We only have 3 stations that will play rap music here:

(1) The "urban" station that will play "blazin' hip-hop & R&B" - they only play "throwbacks" at lunch,
from Noon - 1pm, and then back to today's hits.

(2) The "grown" station that used to ONLY play R&B. They took pride in saying they were 100% R&B
...until a couple of years ago, when they started playing Nelly, and then other rap that sounds like singing.
They still play 90% R&B, but now they'll thrown in a Bryson Tiller, Drake, or Ja Rule song here and there.
They made a li'l niche in their format.

(3) The "mix" channel that only plays Top 40. So they'll play a rap song if it gets big enough.
They don't play any "throwbacks".

On the real, you get the most bangin' rap when they come from the breaks on Sports talk. lol

Most places are more like this than San Diego.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

:stopitslime::camby:

Like I said...that list u posted doesnt have 1 Hip Hop song from the 80's.