How Reality TV Has Fcked Up The Image Of Black People

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
If you think reality shows is what fuked up the image of black people in America, then you have to be 14 years old and not know anything about American history.

I'm talking current day breh. The stereotypes yes were created off of centuries of bad imagery, but now to play on these stereotypes in live time and now more broadcasted out to the world is definitely fckin the image up moreso than before.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
A black bachelor would be so ratchet , I could see it now the black man sleeping with every chick, pregnancy scares, fights and hair being pulled between the women.

The sexually aggressive black male who only thinks with his penis, juggling a bunch of black women

Play on player :myman:

:sas2:

comm22.jpg

Sampson

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
You can add Empire to the list of negative propaganda fed to black folk. Unfortunately the unenlightened will not only cape for these shows (bu..bu..but white people do it too), they'll promote the shows and buy into the pathological mindset.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm black and I'm not like that, and your black and your not like that.
Of course not, but there are black people that are like this, there are white people like this too. As I said, people are like this.

I'm not engulfing an entire race in a stereotype, how can I when I haven't met the entire race? But there must be some people within the race that fit this mold, same with other races. Interchangeable shells, same personalities.

Yaddamean?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I'm talking current day breh. The stereotypes yes were created off of centuries of bad imagery, but now to play on these stereotypes in live time and now more broadcasted out to the world is definitely fckin the image up moreso than before.
they also play out on the evening news, on sports, on sitcoms, scripted drama, music, etc.

I am not absolving reality TV at all, but I am not going to say they are the only ones.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
the difference is white people have 100 to 5 ratio of other shows that shows them in some positive light... black people has blackish and 6 other ignorant shows and those 6 other ignorant shows are the ones that get light
This. This. This!

This is why I never want to hear or read the same "but white people do it too" type responses. They have more control over their image then us cause they control the media. Therefore they will put out predominantly positive images of themselves as supposed to the negative. We have no control over the media and have had to rely on their media to display us and represent us. And the overwhelming amount of the representation has been negative with little to no balance. That's the difference.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Jon & Kate Plus 8
The Bachelor/Bachelorette
Real Housewives
19 Kids and Counting (The Duggar family)
Keeping Up With the Kardashians

These are some of the most watched reality shows on tv.

White people fukkin.
White people being petty.
White people bickering.
White people manipulating for money.

You trying to tell me black people got the bad image?
The problem is that nobody wants to POINT OUT all the bullshyt white people do.
They ALWAYS point out when a black person commits a crime or acts like a slut.
The difference is white people and their negatives are never assigned to then as group but individually.

Black people and our negatives are assigned to us as a group. And we're never judged individually.

I've argued this over and over to the point I feel like a broken record...not to negate anything you're saying at all.. but there's a little thing called the benefit of the doubt that comes with being the majority of the American population that also has majority control over media outlets and companies and businesses etc.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup from love and hip hop to housewives to black ink c00ns. These shows love to show blacks in such a negative light. Peep the spin tho, I think they purposely use these shows to show that "even the blacks with money behave like that". It's deep propoganda and social engineering.
I mean black ink crew had potential to show young brothers and sisters building a successful brand/business. This could have sparked an interest in entrepreneurship for some kids, but Its been overshadowed by baby mamas, Henny,fights, gun charges, court cases. One dude went to see his PO with cocaine his his pocket and got locked on the spot :what:

This is obviously not representative of all black people, yet this is the narrative the continue to push :pacspit:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
A black bachelor would be so ratchet , I could see it now the black man sleeping with every chick, pregnancy scares, fights and hair being pulled between the women.

The sexually aggressive black male who only thinks with his penis, juggling a bunch of black women

Play on player :myman:
I take it you never heard of Flavor of Love and For the Love of Ray J.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Nah thread title is lazy. I don't give a damn how much of anything you watched you have to judge things people individually or else your just being lazy and ignorant. Stop giving people a pass for laziness and ignorance