How Reality TV Has Fcked Up The Image Of Black People

Daps
Anybody who doesn't understand this problem of bad imagery is a damn fool. I spent about a week in an eastern european country on some work assignment and had the displeasure of seeing a particular reality show on the tv when i was invited to someones house. This show was about a pawn shop in detroit run by some greasy italian or greek guy, couldn,t really tell. All the black people they showed were acting real foolish, the only black girl on the staff was so loud and you could see they were acting for the camera. Meanwhile all the white staff were being smug and making sly comments whiles the white patrons were shown to be making savvy deals.
You had black strippers come in trying to pawn obviously fake jewelry their baby daddies bought for them, pimps with gambling problems and people wanting to fight for no reason.
Mind you this is a show being shown to people who might go decades without meeting any black people. They soak up this imagery and you think it doesn't affect their perceptions?
I felt compelled to point out that everything is scripted and why shows like that were made and how easy it is for the producers to find poor and willing participants for such foolishness.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
Jon & Kate Plus 8
The Bachelor/Bachelorette
Real Housewives
19 Kids and Counting (The Duggar family)
Keeping Up With the Kardashians

These are some of the most watched reality shows on tv.

White people fukkin.
White people being petty.
White people bickering.
White people manipulating for money.

You trying to tell me black people got the bad image?
The problem is that nobody wants to POINT OUT all the bullshyt white people do.
They ALWAYS point out when a black person commits a crime or acts like a slut.

Bruh we don't have time to sit around and say "oh white folks do it too!" The difference is white folks control the propaganda, money, land, water etc. nikkas out here with these auto-excuses caping for propaganda smfh.

Fully functional programmed nikkas
:snoop:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Anybody who doesn't understand this problem of bad imagery is a damn fool. I spent about a week in an eastern european country on some work assignment and had the displeasure of seeing a particular reality show on the tv when i was invited to someones house. This show was about a pawn shop in detroit run by some greasy italian or greek guy, couldn,t really tell. All the black people they showed were acting real foolish, the only black girl on the staff was so loud and you could see they were acting for the camera. Meanwhile all the white staff were being smug and making sly comments whiles the white patrons were shown to be making savvy deals.
You had black strippers come in trying to pawn obviously fake jewelry their baby daddies bought for them, pimps with gambling problems and people wanting to fight for no reason.
Mind you this is a show being shown to people who might go decades without meeting any black people. They soak up this imagery and you think it doesn't affect their perceptions?
I felt compelled to point out that everything is scripted and why shows like that were made and how easy it is for the producers to find poor and willing participants for such foolishness.

Bruh we don't have time to sit around and say "oh white folks do it too!" The difference is white folks control the propaganda, money, land, water etc. nikkas out here with these auto-excuses caping for propaganda smfh.

Fully functional programmed nikkas
:snoop:
Yall get it.:myman:

Its all by design

@MeachTheMonster

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Dude its Detroit. :yeshrug:

And the owner is a jew.:lolbron:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
RHOA-She-Matters.png.CROP.rtstory-large.png

:mjpls:

Ahhh yes, dysfunctional relationships and marriages, Black men and Black women seen as and acting like sambos for the world to see. Black women rocking weaves and attitudes, loud and obnoxious, whorish and wild fighting against another brother or sister.... Black men seen as abusive,demanding,pimps,thug and swag stereotypical behavior, disrespecting Black women all over television, yet this is called "REALITY TV". who's fckin "REALITY" lives is this?

Is this the REALITY that we are showing and/or saying is who and what we are in a social aspect. If this is the REALITY, then we're in trouble. But of course the white man will show this REALITY and pay off these c00ns and make them famous and the face of our community and race.........:leostare:
No one is being forced to watch or participate in these shows

Is it time for a cultural shift or are we still fascinated by adults acting juvenile? Celebration of ignorance as real has to die first.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw...its real, every personality on there I've encountered in real life