How Richard Pryor the goat if Paul Mooney was writing his jokes?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
They ALL had writers. Mooney, Keenan Ivory Wayans, and Robert Townsend all wrote for Eddie Murphy's legendary stand up. No comedian wrote 100% of their jokes once they made it big.

Hmmmm :jbhmm:, cool to know. I suddenly view "legendary" comics differently now. Guess I'll stick to Helium and other low level clubs that reward comics that write their own jokes.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
I'm not reaching, obviously there is a difference between stealing a joke and having someone else write one for you. i guess my point is that the mencia shyt had me thinking comics had standards that valued creativity, the "craft", and authenticity. If yall are saying no one gives a fukk a long as you say the joke funny (and didn't steal it) then so be it. PERSONALLY i can't label some one GOAT of any individual based art form if they weren't solely responsible for the creation of the art

Was MJ solely responsible for six championships?

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Hmmmm :jbhmm:, cool to know. I suddenly view "legendary" comics differently now. Guess I'll stick to Helium and other low level clubs that reward comics that write their own jokes.

These stand ups are like sitcoms, but on stage. Just like sitcoms, there are writers for the actors, same as the comedians. But don't let it deter your view, these guys write the majority of their stuff, but they get ideas from others.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Takes a strong man, far less a strong actor or comedian to have da balls and respect to hire/give a shot to Paul Mooney and let him write for u. Mooney is Str8, unfiltered tells da real. Whether u got da chops 2 deliver it or not. Jus attempted and jus fukkin wit Mooney is enuff respect for me.
Not really. Just need to be about your paper.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
I think Mooney wrote some of the jokes that about social issues. You can tell that the jokes about his upbringing and personal experiences came straight from the heart.

Plus it's one thing for someone to write or come up with the premise of a joke, but it's another for someone to take it and make it their own. It's no different than Jeffrey Daniels teaching MJ the moonwalk, but MJ took that shyt and owned it.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I'm expecting the answer to be "well all comedians get their jokes written for them"
I can picture Kevin Hart getting jokes from red cup boyz. But who writes Dave Chappelle jokes? you gonna say Neil Brennan?
What about Bill Cosby, Eddie, Chris Rock?
Cmon I doubt these dudes have someone writing their stand up material

Also it's basically an accepted fact that Richard Pryor was bisexual on some level. He blamed it on drugs but he admitted fukking dudes. How was he the idol of early 80s Eddie who use to say fakkit in his routines? I know it's rumored that Eddie is DL gay too but if true that even more reason for him to distance himself from having Pryor as an idol you'd think

And shyt if Mooney really was Pryor ghost writer why are all his stand ups wack as hell. Dude been doing comedy for like 50 yrs and the only funny joke he has is that saying nikka while brushing his teeth one.

I think Pryor was funny and all that but given the above facts I wonder why it's just accepted that dude was the goat comedian

While we are on the subject... Here re the writing credits for Eminem's Marshall Mathers 2 LP...

(This is just for one 16 track album)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marshall_Mathers_LP_2

Larry Griffin,
Mark Landon,
Sarah Jaffe,
Walter Murphy,
Nicholas Warwar,
Vincent Venditto,
Stephen Hacker,
Michael Aiello,
Gian Reverberi,
Laura Giordano,
Rod Argent,
Luis Resto,
Khalil Abdul Rahman,
Erik Alcock,
Liz Rodrigues,
Pranam Injeti,
Mike Strange,
Polina Goudieva,
David Brook,
Emile Haynie,
Alexander Grant,
Resto
William Squier,
Adam Horovitz,
Adam Yauch,
Michael Diamond,
Rick Rubin,
Joseph Modeliste,
Arthur Neville,
Cyril Neville,
Vincent Brown,
Anthony Criss,
Keir Gist
Bigram Zayas,
Matthew Delgiorno,
Hacker, Douglas
Davis, Richard Walters,
Dania Birks,
Juana Burns,
Juanita Lee,
Fatima Shaheed,
Kim Nazel
Bryan Fryzel,
Aaron Kleinstub,
Maki
Athanasiou,
Jon Bellion,
Bebe Rexha
Joe Walsh,
Jesse Weaver
Clint Ballard,
Jimmie Grier,
Coy Poe,
Pinky Tomlin
Nate Ruess,
Haynie,
Jeff Bhasker,
Tavish Graham,
Joey Chavez

and thats not including the featured artists.

cacs calling him top 10 :dead: