How the hell does Kid Ink have a career?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What made someone decide to sign him?
How the hell is getting all these features/Who is behind getting him all these features...I'm amazed at the number on singles he puts out, like who is so invested in him and why?
Does this fool have any songs by himself?
Who the fukk actively listens to him - not when a song comes on the radio or club, but downloading, streaming, or buying an album of his?
Does he have fans? Who are they?
Have you ever said the name "kid ink" out loud in conversation with anyone in real life?
Are people going to kid ink shows? Why? The most memorable parts of his songs is/are the other artist(s)
Is dude secretly some wealthy powerful couple's kid? They bankrolling his dreams? Or does he have some crazy sick shyt on some industry exec and has blackmailed his way into a record deal?

:jbhmm:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1914–1983
Is he really popping, though? Ain't like a lot of people care about his career anyway.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
What made someone decide to sign him?
How the hell is getting all these features/Who is behind getting him all these features...I'm amazed at the number on singles he puts out, like who is so invested in him and why?
Does this fool have any songs by himself?
Who the fukk actively listens to him - not when a song comes on the radio or club, but downloading, streaming, or buying an album of his?
Does he have fans? Who are they?
Have you ever said the name "kid ink" out loud in conversation with anyone in real life?
Are people going to kid ink shows? Why? The most memorable parts of his songs is/are the other artist(s)
Is dude secretly some wealthy powerful couple's kid? They bankrolling his dreams? Or does he have some crazy sick shyt on some industry exec and has blackmailed his way into a record deal?

:jbhmm:
The answer to most of this is he's signed to RCA. The big labels see the types of artists that are hot and just get one to fill that checkbox. Partynextdoor and The Weeknd blew up so they went and got Bryson Tiller. We need a lightskinned Cali rapper that hoes like, sign Kid Ink. This year and next year everyone is gonna get their own retarded crackbaby like Lil Yachty and Lil Uzi

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I ask the same questions about Jason Derulo:mjlol:
Jason Derulo's pen game is ridiculous. He writes hits idk anyone who listens to his albums though. I did have a former boss, that had his shyt as a ringtone back in 2010.

As far as Kid Ink, I knew one nikka that was a fan of his right before he took off with all the Chis Brown Singles. This dude was lightskin and from upperish middle class Jersey. He was cool, kind of a simp. He was a fan of Kid Ink, Tyga, etc. Tyga I could understand but Kid Ink I didn't get. I'll give Kid Ink his props though, he grinded for a bit and then got himself a nice major label contract. From there he made the most of those Chris Brown features/DJ Mustard beats and for some strange reason he's still somewhat relevant. Had a hit with Dej loaf last year and got a joint with Fetty Wap right now that's buzzing.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The answer to most of this is he's signed to RCA. The big labels see the types of artists that are hot and just get one to fill that checkbox. Partynextdoor and The Weeknd blew up so they went and got Bryson Tiller. We need a lightskinned Cali rapper that hoes like, sign Kid Ink. This year and next year everyone is gonna get their own retarded crackbaby like Lil Yachty and Lil Uzi
Damn breh...it all makes sense. And wtf @ those names, spike lee couldn't make better names in a parody, what happened to hip hop y'all :mjcry:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Is he really popping, though? Ain't like a lot of people care about his career anyway.
Dude stays with a single on the radio, at least out here. I'm like "oh, a new dej loaf song" wrong, it's kid ink, "oh, it's tinashe and usher" nope, it's kid ink, "hey, there's a fetty wap song I'm digging" no ma'am, that's kid ink. This nikka done had three albums in less than 2 years, :dahell: what other rappers are getting a push from their labels like that?

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Jason Derulo's pen game is ridiculous. He writes hits idk anyone who listens to his albums though. I did have a former boss, that had his shyt as a ringtone back in 2010.

As far as Kid Ink, I knew one nikka that was a fan of his right before he took off with all the Chis Brown Singles. This dude was lightskin and from upperish middle class Jersey. He was cool, kind of a simp. He was a fan of Kid Ink, Tyga, etc. Tyga I could understand but Kid Ink I didn't get. I'll give Kid Ink his props though, he grinded for a bit and then got himself a nice major label contract. From there he made the most of those Chris Brown features/DJ Mustard beats and for some strange reason he's still somewhat relevant. Had a hit with Dej loaf last year and got a joint with Fetty Wap right now that's buzzing.
didn't he have some garbage ass song with Tinashe too? I get all these mufukkas confused sometimes

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I thought it was well known he was a plant in a way. Sure he was around on the scene but he wasn't doin shyt. The record label scooped him up cuz he looked like Tyga or some shyt and then he got laced with mustard beats and features. He's a party rapper now. Maybe he'll be the new Pitbull or Flo Rida.

:manny:

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was well known he was a plant in a way. Sure he was around on the scene but he wasn't doin shyt. The record label scooped him up cuz he looked like Tyga or some shyt and then he got laced with mustard beats and features. He's a party rapper now. Maybe he'll be the new Pitbull or Flo Rida.

:manny:
His manager ran or runs one of those kinda popular rap blogs like HNHH or something. That definitely helped. Everyone's crooked a little in the rap blog world