How to cut? Noob question

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What to do when your cutting? Just cardio and what type of foods are you supposed to eat

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bro, no to the cardio. What you should be doing is trying to maintain all your lift PRs you had when you were at a higher weight to preserve muscle mass. You do lift right?
Assuming you do, keep the lifts because what muscle you don't use you will lose while in a deficit.
Speaking of deficit, there are a couple ways to go about it. You can
A:Increase cardio, weight lift more frequently with 60-75% of your max weight for reps, and eat whatever and however you want
or
B:Check your calories and work your lifting around it. You will want to decrease cardio to avoid catabolism.

I went with the A Approach before and it works ok, but sometimes you will see absolutely no changes in size because you overeat too much.
With B, you can at least approximate your needed amount of calories a day based on how much puts on weight, how much maintains, and how much loses. You would have to figure that out through trial and error, or using a caloric calculator and checking at the end of every week to see your weight. From there, use the mirror as your guide to see if you are truly dropping weight.

Either way, you dont HAVE to eat super healthy, you just have to keep in mind the total calories you want to use (eat more on workout days, less on rest) and eat healthy, low cal foods to make sure you get the micronutrients. You can pretty much go nuts on broccoli,kale, and spinach and never count those toward your daily cals. They will help improve overall health, much like fruits.

Drink a gallon or two of water whether you work out or not to help flush toxins and sodium out of your system. Sometimes you will think you fukked up and gained weight when really you had a salty ass meal that caused water retention, making you 3lbs heavier than you should be, looking puffy as fukk.

Try doing barbell squats every workout in the gym. It may seem overkill, but it is by far the best muscle builder and calorie burner. Your ass and legs will get huge, but hey, it is what it is.

Long as you don't go eating 6 donuts (over 2000cals) and THEN go about your day eating other shyt, you should be fine.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Bro, no to the cardio. What you should be doing is trying to maintain all your lift PRs you had when you were at a higher weight to preserve muscle mass. You do lift right?
Assuming you do, keep the lifts because what muscle you don't use you will lose while in a deficit.
Speaking of deficit, there are a couple ways to go about it. You can
A:Increase cardio, weight lift more frequently with 60-75% of your max weight for reps, and eat whatever and however you want
or
B:Check your calories and work your lifting around it. You will want to decrease cardio to avoid catabolism.

Huh?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Basically he can eat whatever he wants if he increases cardio and rep ranges of his lifts. He should still lift for maintaining strength, but higher rep ranges gets cardio-esque benefits of the raised heartrate. He can still hit a deficit and eat shyt, but it will mean a lot more work and time.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Basically he can eat whatever he wants if he increases cardio and rep ranges of his lifts. He should still lift for maintaining strength, but higher rep ranges gets cardio-esque benefits of the raised heartrate. He can still hit a deficit and eat shyt, but it will mean a lot more work and time.

Nah. If you're serious about a cut, you have to count what you're eating. Only way to know if he's actually eating at a deficit.

There's only so much work you can do in the gym. A cut is all about diet and nutrition.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah. If you're serious about a cut, you have to count what you're eating. Only way to know if he's actually eating at a deficit.

There's only so much work you can do in the gym. A cut is all about diet and nutrition.
Fair enough, but if he is like most normal people, he can eat like shyt and still lose, as he likely won't eat the same amount always. Add that working out gives you a higher caloric threshold overall.
Aside from all that, a real calorie counting cut is absolutely the best.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Its working out for me, a lil slower than i expected. Im guessing week 6 ill ne where i want to be

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
EC stack had me losing 2lbs a week at 3000 calories :blessed::dwillhuh::ooh:, the heart palpitations when you don't get enough potassium though :to::flabbynsick:
I must have fukking obliterated my metabolism cuz im eating at like 250 cal deficit been on it fer 3 weeks and only lodt like a ppund a week. Granted i was low 13s bf

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I must have fukking obliterated my metabolism cuz im eating at like 250 cal deficit been on it fer 3 weeks and only lodt like a ppund a week. Granted i was low 13s bf
I'm 6'3 and at the time of using EC I was in the 260s (stopped taking EC and gained some weight due to home buying process and not eating right), lean muscle mass effects metabolism and how many calories you burn daily.

Duckman

Private D1ck/Family Man
Daps
Reppin
Mission Hill
I'm 6'3 and at the time of using EC I was in the 260s (stopped taking EC and gained some weight due to home buying process and not eating right), lean muscle mass effects metabolism and how many calories you burn daily.

Yup gotta tone that muscle up, take OUT calories more than you take in. A Greek Philosopher correctly stated this ,and that corpulence of the body was a sign of the vices of gluttony, which is funny considering I made up the saying "corpulence means opulence" .. which is true.. but it also means INDULGENCE. keep up the good work son :scusthov:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Ec stack def works tho fer sure, i have anxiety tho so b in my feelings randomly like a bish tho :mjcry:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where can i get wn EC stack? I kno it was banned cause some retards wanted to lose 15lbs in a week and od'd