How to sell your beats/instrumentals [TUTORIAL]

HypeMan

HypeMan
Supporter
Daps
For this to work, you need a PayPal account, and an Email Address.
Optional: (Website prefered, but not required, Beat Store services like MyFlashStore, but not required, Soundcloud, Youtube, or somewhere you can show off more of your work).

First things first you need to create tagged versions of your beats that you will be emailing to potential customers. Buy a tag from a professional vocalist, or make your own and put them throughout your beat minimum 4 times. If you don't do this, artists will steal your work when you email them. For my crew TheHitKingz we used former 808 Mafia member Jaye Neutron for our tags. We bought 1 tag for $35. He recorded the famous "808 Mafia" tag.

Example of tagging your beats:

After you tag your beats, export it as a 112kbps mp3 low quality, this way if artists loop the untagged parts, the quality will be low and they cant really make a high quality song with it. This will also allow you to send at least 5 beats via email.

For the file name, name it as such: "[Beat Title] bpm [Your Website] [Contact email] .mp3"
Example: "Amir 103bpm www.thehitkingz.com Contact sales@thehitkingz.com .mp3"

This way if they download the attachments, they can still have your contact info should they want to contact you.

Now you are ready to start sending your beats via email.

Head over to twitter and search "Send Beats" and click on "Live" or go to this link send beats - Twitter Search

You will see recent tweets of artists who want producers to email them beats. You will copy all the email addresses from here up to 24hours ago and paste the emails in a "BCC" form in your email provider. BCC lets you email multiple people while hiding the email address of the other people.

After you capture the email addresses work on the body of the email.

My personal go to for the email message is this:

All beats provided in the attachments below were produced by TheHitKingz

Contact us here at sales@thehitkingz.com for the untagged versions, or download them on our website http://www.thehitkingz.com(we support mobile)

Production Credits: Big Boi, Papoose, Young Dolph, 50 Cent, and many more!

Connect with us on Social Media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHitKingz
Twitter: TheHitKingz (@TheHitKingz) on Twitter
Instagram: TheHitKingz (@thehitkingz) • Instagram photos and videos
SoundCloud: TheHitKingz
Youtube: TheHitKingz

We look forward to working with you!

Sincerely,
TheHItKingz
Then upload the beats to the attachments.

Name the subject "Beat Submission from "[Your Name]"

ex: Beat Submission from TheHitKingz

Notice I didn't mention anything about buying my beats/instrumentals or selling anything. This is important because this method shows that I am not spamming my product to these people, or that I am only contacting them for sales purposes, (even though I am, but not showing it up front helps you get responses back.)

When they email you back that they are interested in your work, tell them your prices and package deals.

Ex: We offer a Buy 2 Get 2 Free deal and our leases start at $19.95.

Direct them to your website if you have one, and let them know they can purchase automatically from the website (only if you have a beat store like MyFlashStore)

If you don't have a beat store, you need to set up a PayPal order for each sale.

You should price your beats anywhere between $10-$25 for MP3 (sell as 320kbps MP3) and they should be untagged or at most 1 tag in the beginning. WAV should be anywhere between $20-$50 (Sell as a 16bit or 24bit WAV). Track Outs $50-$150. Exclusive Rights $150 and up.

If you are doing the PayPal method, you send them the beats after they pay you. Never send your beats before receiving the money.

I will probably add more details to this tutorial later, but if anyone has any questions ask them here, and I will respond.

Ronald McDonald

Even in the darkest nights, I'm a MAC for life
Daps
For this to work, you need a PayPal account, and an Email Address.
Optional: (Website prefered, but not required, Beat Store services like MyFlashStore, but not required, Soundcloud, Youtube, or somewhere you can show off more of your work).

First things first you need to create tagged versions of your beats that you will be emailing to potential customers. Buy a tag from a professional vocalist, or make your own and put them throughout your beat minimum 4 times. If you don't do this, artists will steal your work when you email them. For my crew TheHitKingz we used former 808 Mafia member Jaye Neutron for our tags. We bought 1 tag for $35. He recorded the famous "808 Mafia" tag.

Example of tagging your beats:

After you tag your beats, export it as a 112kbps mp3 low quality, this way if artists loop the untagged parts, the quality will be low and they cant really make a high quality song with it. This will also allow you to send at least 5 beats via email.

For the file name, name it as such: "[Beat Title] bpm [Your Website] [Contact email] .mp3"
Example: "Amir 103bpm www.thehitkingz.com Contact sales@thehitkingz.com .mp3"

This way if they download the attachments, they can still have your contact info should they want to contact you.

Now you are ready to start sending your beats via email.

Head over to twitter and search "Send Beats" and click on "Live" or go to this link send beats - Twitter Search

You will see recent tweets of artists who want producers to email them beats. You will copy all the email addresses from here up to 24hours ago and paste the emails in a "BCC" form in your email provider. BCC lets you email multiple people while hiding the email address of the other people.

After you capture the email addresses work on the body of the email.

My personal go to for the email message is this:

All beats provided in the attachments below were produced by TheHitKingz

Contact us here at sales@thehitkingz.com for the untagged versions, or download them on our website http://www.thehitkingz.com(we support mobile)

Production Credits: Big Boi, Papoose, Young Dolph, 50 Cent, and many more!

Connect with us on Social Media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHitKingz
Twitter: TheHitKingz (@TheHitKingz) on Twitter
Instagram: TheHitKingz (@thehitkingz) • Instagram photos and videos
SoundCloud: TheHitKingz
Youtube: TheHitKingz

We look forward to working with you!

Sincerely,
TheHItKingz
Then upload the beats to the attachments.

Name the subject "Beat Submission from "[Your Name]"

ex: Beat Submission from TheHitKingz

Notice I didn't mention anything about buying my beats/instrumentals or selling anything. This is important because this method shows that I am not spamming my product to these people, or that I am only contacting them for sales purposes, (even though I am, but not showing it up front helps you get responses back.)

When they email you back that they are interested in your work, tell them your prices and package deals.

Ex: We offer a Buy 2 Get 2 Free deal and our leases start at $19.95.

Direct them to your website if you have one, and let them know they can purchase automatically from the website (only if you have a beat store like MyFlashStore)

If you don't have a beat store, you need to set up a PayPal order for each sale.

You should price your beats anywhere between $10-$25 for MP3 (sell as 320kbps MP3) and they should be untagged or at most 1 tag in the beginning. WAV should be anywhere between $20-$50 (Sell as a 16bit or 24bit WAV). Track Outs $50-$150. Exclusive Rights $150 and up.

If you are doing the PayPal method, you send them the beats after they pay you. Never send your beats before receiving the money.

I will probably add more details to this tutorial later, but if anyone has any questions ask them here, and I will respond.

So if I mixed and rendered/exported my beats at 512kbps as a WAV file, should I go back and re render the already mixed version at 320kbps Mp3?

HypeMan

HypeMan
Supporter
Daps
So if I mixed and rendered/exported my beats at 512kbps as a WAV file, should I go back and re render the already mixed version at 320kbps Mp3?

I would just use an MP3 Converter to convert the WAV to MP3, unless you want to re-render it as a MP3.

---

Also as an update to this thread, I recommend BeatStars for beat selling, I made the swtich a few months ago. They offer more services for the same price MyFlashStore charges.

HypeMan

HypeMan
Supporter
Daps
Props for the info. But no-one wants to buy my beats:therethere:

Post some examples of your work, there is a market for everything, you just gotta find it. If I can hear some of your work I can direct you to some helpful places where you can make some money.