How to target the legs more during squat/lower body exercise?

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
I've been getting back into exercising regularly and whenever I start getting into legs, I feel it more in my lower back and I end up cutting my workout short out of worry that I might hurt myself.

I know that I'm supposed to "tighten" my core but does that mean to flex my abs while I'm dipping or does it just mean to stay balanced?

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
My leg workout is .
Seated leg curl
Leg extension
Hip abductor
Leg press
Roman deadlift
Calf raise
In too old to squat but I might hit the squat machine sometimes

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've been getting back into exercising regularly and whenever I start getting into legs, I feel it more in my lower back and I end up cutting my workout short out of worry that I might hurt myself.

I know that I'm supposed to "tighten" my core but does that mean to flex my abs while I'm dipping or does it just mean to stay balanced?
@Son Goku

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

The muscles you “feel more” are probably the weakest muscles involved. It doesn’t mean that your legs need to be targeted more.
:beli:

Unless you are experiencing sharp/stabbing pains while performing the exercises, keep doing them and consider addressing your weak points with accessory work.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Practice all your exercises without weights and make sure you're only moving what you're supposed to be moving and working out.
And a super simple thing I keep in mind when lifting is whatever I'm targeting is supposed to be the 1st muscle moving.
The muscles you “feel more” are probably the weakest muscles involved. It doesn’t mean that your legs need to be targeted more.
:beli:

Unless you are experiencing sharp/stabbing pains while performing the exercises, keep doing them and consider addressing your weak points with accessory work.
:salute: Duly noted

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Is you form generally on point?

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road

Your lower back is taxing. You need to build its strength up. Look into Reverse Hyperextensions, Good Mornings and hip excercises such as adductor and abductor.

Those helped fix my back and I sqaut 3 to 4 times a week. I do the reverse hypers as a warm up ans then the adductors and abductors before I squat.

I use 50% of my Squat max 4x15 to 20 reps for reverse hyperextensions.

For adductor and abductor I do 4 sets of 12 to 20 reps.

By then my legs are warmed up and my lower back is hydrated with fluid and limber. No more pain or strain in lower back.